µTorrent 3.4 RC

AdamK

Utorrent 3.4 Alpha build 30027 - problem renaming torrents

When pressing F2 to rename torrent, an empty textbox appears to the left of the current torrent name, in an odd / wrong place. The current name is not present in that box. Typing anything removes the current name and replaces it with whatever you type.

Bug report for this at >> http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=139386

strange if no fixes.what's the purpose of update the build number

µTorrent alpha (3.4 build 30039) f2 rename bug still exists.they have been constantly updating build number for 20 days. But no change and no bug fixed.Seems like developer went for holidays.We cannot even say they will have fixed even minor bug.Simply update the build number from 3 days.

14 August build 30022 No change

15 August build 30027 No change

16 August build 30039 No Change

Why they would write changelog if they did not even fix minor bug.

Look at the picture below.

gui-rename-bug.png

Picture is showing us.F2 rename bug was exist in 29972 Build.But this bug still exist in µTorrent alpha (3.4 build 30039).

Hey all,

I have a question about the uploading on the new torrent version of uTorrent - 3.4 alpha. Since the day I updated it from 3.3.1, I get terrible upload speed - 1.1mB/s down from 8-9mB/s. I've been uploading for more than 2 weeks with max 9mB/s and average 6-7mB/s. Once I had the 3.4 version installed, everything just got weird. As far as I remember the download speed got reduced as well. It was 11mB/s before and now from 1 to 3mB/s max. Any suggestions or answers?

Any suggestions or anwers?

It’s an alpha. The "rules" are simple - don't expect much, and be ready to report issues. You just did... so, in theory, the devs will read it and fix it ASAP :)

And... you can always return to the good old 3.3.x ...

Hey all,

I have a question about the uploading on the new torrent version of uTorrent - 3.4 alpha. Since the day I updated it from 3.3.1, I get terrible upload speed - 1.1mB/s down from 8-9mB/s. I've been uploading for more than 2 weeks with max 9mB/s and average 6-7mB/s. Once I had the 3.4 version installed, everything just got weird. As far as I remember the download speed got reduced as well. It was 11mB/s before and now from 1 to 3mB/s max. Any suggestions or answers?

same here.Rollback to stable

Greetings uTorrent Forum,

We'll be running another test of the gated bundle torrents.

Forum User jknoll, of the Content Team will be available to answer questions about this first-of-its kind test.

To participate,

* Download uTorrent 3.4.30066 or later

* Download this torrent: https://s3.amazonaws.com/content-mutable-server/prod/1e683bf3db755530175ef995f51a97e589c025138ffca7ee7909dcef4a5dc0f9/BitTorrent-Public-Enemy-Get-Up-Stand-Up-Base.torrent

gate_popup.png

* Mousing over the torrent file in the uTorrent will popup a tooltip window to notify you to unlock the bundle

gate_tip.png

* Clicking on the unlock bundle button will lead you to a screen that allows you to unlock the bundle by entering your email address (any address will do - we are *NOT* using these addresses, we just want to test this new feature)

After you unlock the torrent, you should see the newly unlocked files highlighted in the Files tab in uTorrent.

Unlocked.png

After a few days, we will look at our servers, and see how well the integration between uT and servers is working, and we'll update you in this thread. (Note: Monday is holiday here in the States)

Thank you for using uTorrent.

Thank you for using uTorrent.

No, thank you for removing posts that hit the nail on the head with regards to the number and quality of updates. Rather than respond you'd rather just delete posts, It speaks volumes.. really.

So If you guys still feel like developing this program could you fix the scrolling in the WebUI?

I have a label with currently 421 torrents, pressing the down arrow when I'm on the top torrent jumps the list down about two entries until the 7th press when it jumps approximately 25 entries. It does this every time on the 7th downwards press. It also occurs when scrolling too at the same point, which I can hit on the third mouse wheel scroll. This issue only occurs in the Webui and makes it quite hard to navigate the torrent list, I have to connect via Teamviewer to get proper scrolling control. Can duplicate this on Firefox and Chrome (no scrolling addons enabled in either browser)

This issue is currently in 3.2.3 but I assume it's in the newer builds also as the WebUI has had zero changes to it in I don't know how long.

Here you go, Beasly. You must have missed these:

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=744152#p744152

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=744010#p744010

If you have questions (about this feature), I'd be happy to answer them. I believe all such questions have been answered to date. The number of posts I make is dictated by the number of questions. Thanks!

To those who have concerns about the security of updates to torrents, see this excerpt from BEP 39, to which I linked to in the introductory message.

Basically, the first torrent in a chain must be signed, and all subsequent updates must be signed with the same cert. If you trust the originator, we interpret this to mean trust in updates from the same source.

http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0039.html

Because in many cases it's preferable for clients to be able to download new content without user interaction, the torrent pointed to by the feed URL should be signed. For a client to download new torrents automatically, they need to be signed by the torrent originator, who should be specified by an "originator" key within the info dict. The value of this key should be a byte string containing the originator's DER encoded X.509 certificate. See BEP 35 [1] for details regarding torrent signing.

Archived