3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: my original post in this thread a while back about dropouts (for no apparent reason) and the use of java in the Ads, I have been running the latest Beta (37477) and after a few days it dropped out AGAIN!!!!

But this time I managed to catch a very quick glimpse of  a message before it died -

"Error: insufficient memory (failed to allocate {some stupidly huge number starting with 24...} bytes) in..... Please close programs to make more space available" or something like that.

I couldn't catch the rest  :( it was way too fast - just the blink of an eye.

I've looked it up and it seems to an error linked to OpenCV in java???

It's hard to pin down as I couldn't see the exact message.

This is running on a PC with no other user apps running - Just uT.

Was never an issue with uT v3.2 - used to run for weeks on end.

Any ideas guys??

Apart from the upsell display issue, this dropout one is the worst affecting uT.

The plus/pro upsell *node* (in the cat. pane)  is always up there for me

That's cause the setting gui.show_plus_upsell_nodes in advanced options keeps resetting itself to true after each app restart. Broken since the last few betas, remained in the latest stable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say that's a glitch. (unless they did it on purpose to entice users to upgrade, but that would be foul play, wouldn't it?)

Anyway, forgot to mention a couple of random GUI glitches of similar nature when the app’s been running for some time:
after a few hours uptime there would appear Recommended tab along with Bundles LHC - so the corresponding settings are reset for some reason or another, and I have to change them back manually once again.

This behavior happens in betas and releases after build 36044, clean install or upgrade.

Anyway, forgot to mention a couple of random GUI glitches of similar nature when the app’s been running for some time:

after a few hours uptime there would appear Recommended tab along with Bundles LHC - so the corresponding settings are reset for some reason or another, and I have to change them back manually once again.

This behavior happens in betas and releases after build 36044, clean install or upgrade.

Just disable those tabs in the tabs->right-click menu and they are invisible, forever...

- Restore compact category view! Take that, forum.

If you could fix the spacing between the torrents that would please many too.

It's been too wide for too long :P

20150111_08h29m29s_001_zpsd4f6bd2f.jpg

To me here it looks pretty much the exact same as was in 3.3.2. (Win7/1080p/fonts x125%/dual terminals)

afc180380675487.jpg

Archived