3.4.x Beta

AdamK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build: 3.4.1 30606

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits

Download location & disk/filesystem characteristics: D:\uTorrent (Partition "C:" is for Windows and partition "D:" for music, games, movies, etc) & TOSHIBA MK5076GSX with NTFS filesystem

Internet connection speed D/U: 5/0.5 Mbps

This beta not work on my PC, i needed rollback to uTorrent 3.3.2 (build 30586) because moreover the Disk congestion don't download or it does very low.

NOTE IMPORTANT: In stable version 3.4 and in this beta, Avast! also went crazy and began to perform successive scans increasing Disk Congestion, and after doing the rollback does not happen and everything is okay again with uTorrent and Avast!.

Regards.

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/88671-unicode-support-in-webui-backend-broken-in-%C2%B5torrent-v34x/

I implore someone to give the WebUI backend at least a bit of love. It can't seem to handle one of the most basic things required of a web app backend: proper encoding of strings.

I would prefer not to post this in this ticket, but it's been this way for years now, and µTorrent v3.4.x seems to have broken it even more royally than before. An increasing number of users are now complaining when I have no way to fix it on my end.

I have yet to understand the usability of any dedicated app-Web-UI when you have a fully functional (no strings bugs...) RDP(M$)/Teamviewer/VNC and similar remote control apps - freely available... I think some are even capable of viewing a single window/app.

Rafi, using those is a pain in the arse and I only use them when the webui won't do what I want, I use webUI all the time, just because there are alternatives doesn't mean they're good ones.

The webui needs love and has done for years, I wish I didn't even need to use a remote desktop app.. If uTorrent didn't have the webUI I wouldn't even be using it, many clients have this feature and for good reason.

But these guys seem to work on whatever they want, there's no real interaction here, I've requested changes and suggestions many times.. it all falls on deaf ears beacuse hey.. nobody is listening here, it's terribly frustrating.

New 3.4.1 beta build 30636, available for auto-beta-updaters from 3.4.0, as well as from my link below...

No changelog, Beasly... but the fixed double-cache-counter from 30606 is not in there, yet... :(

So that would explain why i still get a lot of instability/crashes when the cache gets full ?

Mine is set to 1000mb, if set to 1700/1800 it seems to be even more unstably.

1st: Bug in the new 3.4.1 beta (30615 & 30636): Sometimes newly added Ip's to ipfilter.dat are ignored.

Means: they should be blocked but are still connected.

2nd: text in Info-pane for Status is not translateable (also in 3.4).

3rd: the build 30636 is available only by auto-update, not on first post or on the download page. But I linked it to my page ... http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/271-deutsche-uebersetzung-german-thread/page-13#entry479493

6 In Label preferences/settings the "-" (delete) does not work in "Label->directory mapping".

I'm new to the forums and have looked over and searched the topic to see if there has been anything done with regards to not being able to delete labels. I haven't found anything.

From what I have read, it seems as though people are not happy with the speed of bug fixes and other development/troubleshooting. I'm hoping I may be able to get an answer as to the length of time between a bug being reported and it being fixed. I'm not looking for exact times, just an educated guess (if there is an answer).

I've had the issue with not being able to delete label's directory mapping or even deleting labels. I haven't exactly kept watch on what builds the issue has been present but I've listen my information below so you can at least see my current setup.

Build: 3.4.1 (Build 30636)Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64 [Version 6.3 (Build 9600)]Download Location: Internal HDD Western Digital WD20, NTFSInternet: 30/10 Mbps

Archived