3.4.x Beta

AdamK

I use it to store finished torrents(using labels) and it is not a show stopper. In fact I'm not sure I understand the use case where the sorting breaks.What the heck is sort by "#"? For me it is the column of the number in the queue for unfinished torrents., and is being sorted by it correctly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use it to store finished torrents(using labels) and it is not a show stopper. In fact I'm not sure I understand the use case where the sorting breaks.What the heck is sort by "#"? For me it is the column of the number in the queue for unfinished torrents., and is being sorted by it correctly.

Previously (as of 3.3.2 30570) the sorting was nested, meaning if you clicked on # as primary sort category you would automatically get the following ordering:

Downloading (sorted ordinally)

Seeding (sorted alphabetically by name)

Queued Seed (sorted alphabetically by name)

Finished (sorted alphabetically by name)

Now no combination of selecting headers will give you the above sort pattern.  If you sort by name there is no grouping by status.  If you sort by status there is no sort by name.  Sorting by labels is of no use for me.

teh, on 01 Apr 2014 - 9:38 PM, said:snapback.png

I've just updated to 3.4.1. The lines of the list got bigger.

Is there a way to make them smaller again?

And once again +1.

With my Windows settings (7) 1080p resolution, 125% font size, dual monitors, and the same uT settings, 3.3.2 and 3.4.1 view lists look exactly the same...

Definitely +1.

And once again +1.

I have to say, that v3.4.1 is by far the worst release I've seen of utorrent since I first began using it (which was v1.8.5 - just to mention that). What are you thinking? Do you seriously want to force the users to get adapted to a full-bloated utorrent? The farer it gets, since utorrent had been sold, the worse this program becomes. I'm seriously thinking of switching to an alternative if that crap holds on...

I wholeheartedly agree.

Although I've tried to convince myself otherwise, bit by bit, we've begun to see the inevitable "bloat" that comes with a program like this. It first starts out small and lean, building a cult-following and ensuing userbase. Then it starts attracting advertisers from its growth (understandable). Then it splits into free/pay versions (understandable). Then, almost without fail, it starts getting crammed with neverending "features", changes, and blot, and enough that it breaks the collective userbases' back, forcing them to venture out into the world in search of an alternative. And inevitably, somewhere out there in the world, a humble programmer or two answers the call, revealing a new lean, clean, torrent-munching machine. And the evolution starts all over again :)

It's really quite uncanny how predictably it plays out. I've been turning a blind eye to uTorrent's apparent "evolution" for months now, not wanting to see the inevitable. But unfortunately, it seems to be the path that it's on.

The visual changes alone of 3.4.1 are puzzling -- do we really need bigger, spacier, grandparent-sized text/padding/visiuales? A very clunky change.

nightly release !!!

Edit : that what is shown in the title bar...

the good news is  : after ten hours running, no crash.

What's really pathetic is that this is actually a big deal..

Although I've tried to convince myself otherwise, bit by bit, we've begun to see the inevitable "bloat" that comes with a program like this.

It's really quite uncanny how predictably it plays out. I've been turning a blind eye to uTorrent's apparent "evolution" for months now, not wanting to see the inevitable. But unfortunately, it seems to be the path that it's on.

The visual changes alone of 3.4.1 are puzzling -- do we really need bigger, spacier, grandparent-sized text/padding/visiuales? A very clunky change.

We hear the calls among many of you for a µ that is smaller and meaner than the current µ. Something like 1.6, 2.0 or similar. Over the past year, we’ve discussed various paths to getting there and are taking this request seriously.

Seriously?

Seriously.

Seriously?

Seriously.

:rolleyes:

I'm feeling the seriousness here, almost two years later, I can't believe how serious you guys are, I mean seriously.

You don't mess with the uTorrent UI.

This turd is on fire.

Another release various trackers won't touch with a barge pole. You guys are just begging people to switch aren't you?

I have a single question, perhaps you can take it seriously.

When are you guys going to get it right?

You're wasting your time quoting bigfalls - it's over 9 months since he posted, so it looks like he ain't here anymore to answer you. Maybe he jumped ship?

I'll keep quoting bigfalls because he's the only one that's really come out and said anything.

Still waiting for an acceptable upgrade from 3.2.3. C'mon.

I've just updated to 3.4.1. The lines of the list got bigger.

Is there a way to make them smaller again?

Niggly little things I'm disliking about 3.4.1.x...

When you highlight a torrent:

1) Why is the highlight so thick?

2) That horrible, spindly health meter light green rating practically disappears - is 1, 2, 3 or 4 lit?

3) Why is the text offset so far to the right under the "Path" heading?

muTorrent3-4-1Beta-build30746_zps2751dff

I've reverted back to 3.3.2.

No.You cannot make that smaller. That's a design they have made.

I agreed to the automatic update yesterday, and the extra white-space in the list of torrents is driving me nuts. Thanks for posting this with pictures because I'd been searching for prior complaints about the issue. I wish I knew which version I'd been running last week and had an easy way to revert back. I'll probably attempt a downgrade this weekend when I have a little more time.

If I thought this would become some advanced option (something like gui.extra_vertical_space and a percentage or pixel number) or revert back to displaying text like it used to I'd rather not go to the hassle, but if this is a design choice it probably won't be fixed.

Wim.

Well i give up the 3.4.x branch, since nothing is really getting fixed in each itteration being released.

I'm going back to 3.3.2. Its much more stable, and RSS works.

If there is "no change log" in each beta/nightly released then why bother issuing a release ? and what are the beta testers supposed to test anyway ?

I'm still wandering how the 3.4.x branch managed to go on stable release, when so many things have been broken from the last stable 3.3.2 branch...

If there is "no change log" in each beta/nightly released then why bother issuing a release ? and what are the beta testers supposed to test anyway ?

Crash rate measurement maybe? From the first post in the 3.4 stable thread:

These systems, working together, can now answer the question: Is this feature ready for release?

Will deploying this feature likely increase or decrease the crash rate?

And well, the first nightly build with a changelog was just released: http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/90748-nightly-builds/#entry485290

Well i give up the 3.4.x branch, since nothing is really getting fixed in each itteration being released.

I'm still wandering how the 3.4.x branch managed to go on stable release, when so many things have been broken from the last stable 3.3.2 branch...

I gave up with 3.3, so did many others, I wondered how the 3.3 branch got released considering how many bugs were left over to be fixed in 3.4.

If they've just fix the problems rather than tweaking dumb crap and causing more issues that would be stupendous.

General stability. Ya know they stuff they should be testing but obviously don't give a flying toss about..

I'm still wondering how the 3.4.x branch managed to go on stable release, when so many things have been broken from the last stable 3.3.2 branch...

They simply decide it's good enough. Judging from their previous track history of releasing terrible stable builds it would seem they're continuing this trend.

I've just about lost hope for this software, I think all private trackers should just ban it for poor coding practices alone.

Here's a less cryptic answer than the one above:

Check your updates folder normally found here: %appdata%/utorrent/updates

The previous version should be there.

Thanks. It would seem to indicate that I went from 3.3.2 to 3.4.1.

Directory of C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\updates04/08/2014  04:58 PM    <DIR>          .04/08/2014  04:58 PM    <DIR>          ..10/15/2013  10:17 PM         1,247,980 2e0d10.lng04/08/2014  04:58 PM         1,315,367 2ebed0.lng08/02/2013  10:32 PM         1,130,576 3.3.1_29988.exe08/06/2013  01:26 PM           888,152 3.3.1_30003.exe08/14/2013  07:52 AM           888,152 3.3.1_30017.exe10/15/2013  10:17 PM           902,736 3.3.2_30180.exe10/25/2013  11:03 PM           898,904 3.3.2_30260.exe11/18/2013  07:34 PM           900,440 3.3.2_30303.exe02/05/2014  08:04 PM         1,519,696 3.3.2_30544.exe04/08/2014  04:58 PM         1,268,816 3.4.1_30740.exe              10 File(s)     10,960,819 bytes

If I shut down the current version, will I likely be able to just run the 3.3.2 file and it will revert back? Or do I need to uninstall the current version? And have they made changes to the config file that make going backwards a destructive process?

Wim.

If I shut down the current version, will I likely be able to just run the 3.3.2 file and it will revert back? Or do I need to uninstall the current version? And have they made changes to the config file that make going backwards a destructive process?

Wim.

Copy and paste the 3.3.2.x version into the location where the uTorrent executable is launched (Program Files>uTorrent?).

Delete uTorrent.exe that is there. Rename 3.3.2_30544.exe (if that's the one you're using) to uTorrent.exe.

Then launch uTorrent.

I never "install" new versions now - I just download the .exe & put it into uTorrent folder (overwriting the previous version).

Hi, I have HUGE issue with 3.4.1 30740 build every day it deletes all my torrent files, not downloaded content. So when I open every day uTorrent its empty! And every time I need to execute all TORRENT files again... I'm getting annoyed. Can anyone help please?

Archived