Estimate average IQ

silverfire

thats a bit cruel silverfire :P

Because when it comes to reading, either people are lazy or reads to fast.

And about writing skills, either people are lazy, doesn't care or just its not their moder language.

Anyway, guess their average IQ is 100 ;)

are you sure you weren't born to be a moderator Silverfire?

Nah, I'm just a pessimist, and my mention of the post count is there simply to imply that people who actively participate in the forum are generally more intelligent. This is coming from experience in both IRC and other forums.

You guys are too optimistic xD

Alright, I'll bite and say one thing.

Great minds with high IQs often scatter their thoughts and are unable to sit here and browse a forum as often as you do. Some can, but the general trend is that their mind wanders quickly to other things. So, instead of browsing the forum and being post whores trying to get the highest post count they are out there in the real world using their abilities to earn a living. Also, IQ isn't all it's cracked up to be. You can be an extremely intelligent and quick person IQ wise but be a complete moron. Equally as important is what is commonly referred to as the KQ (knowledge quotient). In layman's terms, street smarts.

Perhaps your RQ (reality quotient) isn't quite high enough because of something as silly as youth. I myself am only 20 years old and in my youth I have done some pretty stupid things, like feeding trolls on the µTorrent community forums. I'll stop now before I start ranting.

Have a good day.

Alright, I'll bite and say one thing.

Great minds with high IQs often scatter their thoughts and are unable to sit here and browse a forum as often as you do. Some can, but the general trend is that their mind wanders quickly to other things. So, instead of browsing the forum and being post whores trying to get the highest post count they are out there in the real world using their abilities to earn a living. Also, IQ isn't all it's cracked up to be. You can be an extremely intelligent and quick person IQ wise but be a complete moron. Equally as important is what is commonly referred to as the KQ (knowledge quotient). In layman's terms, street smarts.

Perhaps your RQ (reality quotient) isn't quite high enough because of something as silly as youth. I myself am only 20 years old and in my youth I have done some pretty stupid things, like feeding trolls on the µTorrent community forums. I'll stop now before I start ranting.

Have a good day.

my first time here & i already found out who's the smartest person here!

im 42 years old. it's been alot of years since i was in school. 20 years working in a mail house the only writing was scribbling my name & notes on yellow post it tags. the only time in 20 years their was any issue concerning writing it was when i tried to get the girl leaving a note for the copier repairman to understand why the 1st 2 words in her note shouldnt be so close together when she wrote "pen is caught inside".

ya lose your writing & mathamatical skills when you dont use them. yes they come back with use, but as an adult why should i be concerned about conforming to writing "properly"? i dont speak "proper" english & very few people here in south los angeles do-and we make fun of the people who do speak that way! i know how to capitilise at the start of a sentence & proper nouns & how to punctuate & that some of my favorite words like "yer" dont exist, but this is how i type! the way i write may make some people think im stupid, the G-rated rules on this forum keep me from mentioning anything but ex-lax reciprocally.

i know this thread was only supposed to be taken semi seriously, BUT...

somewhere along the way some people started misunderstanding the meaning when they were told "good writing skills reflect your intelligence". being able to write PROPERLY shows that after 15 years of school you learned to form what you write the way you were told to. that isnt writing skill & im sorry but after all those years of english class, it isnt impressive & doesnt make you look smart.

good writing skills has nothing to do with proper sentance structure or grammer or spelling or punctuation...

good writing skills are when a person can effectivly communicate their thoughts to others through writing.

it doesnt matter if the writing was perfect or putrid, if whoever it was written for understood it, it was written well.

what's in a persons head is what matters, not how they type it out online.

far as roningirl, imo she is dead on accurate.

ya ever go to a mensa meeting it's rare that even 10% are functional in public or social settings. you can learn anything through experience. you cant learn everything from a book. some things you can only learn through experience.

a magna cum laude phd MIGHT get you a high paying job so you can afford to live in luxory in bel aire, insulated from the dangers that surround the outside world & the unwashed masses. it doesnt work, sooner or later the real world catches up.

the fat guy in the trailer park wearing the disgustingly stained wife beater is hard not to make fun of. he lives in something most people only sleep in when they go camping. 98% of the time he's unemployed & he doesnt even have the 5 bucks to spend at kmart to get 3 more undershirts to replace the nasty one he's wearing.

...but he's allways got his beer & his tv & every year he gets to spend more time with his groddy little kids than most parents get to their entire lives. unlike the phd he doesnt get robbed when he leaves his house & isnt afraid to walk down the street. no matter what comes up he'll make it through it-and still have his can a beer & a newspaper he stole from the neighbors yard to look at.

so which ones really the smart one?

reminds me of a song by iron maiden before they sold out for money & got that @%*!#!! singer back. it's about 2 guys, one with the degree & one without & who has to turn to who when things happen that a person has no control over. the song is called

THE EDUCATED FOOL

if you know the song you should have some idea why i posted this rant.

now all i have to do is find the settings page i came here for in the first place...

Archived