µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

Couple of crash dumps were there and then sent. Is there anyway to access them. I know in Firefox I can see my crash dumps (mostly happens in alphas and betas using about:crashes as the URL) dunno if there is a way to see the crash dumps online as well.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any build of utorrent v2.0 doesnt respect my upload limit. Always tries to upload with full capacity and download is always %20 lower than any build of v1.8. No problem with 1.8. What can be the cause of that ?

I dont use any firewall/antivirus. I have 256/1024 adsl line with a speedtouch ST585v6 modem. OS: windows7

cengizhan,

You almost have to turn off the very optimistic TCP rate limiter in advanced as well as calculate overheads. Later builds are very likely to lessen this problem considerably.

Also note that with *SOME* networking issues, you may be better off disabling uTP and/or Teredo/IPv6 connections.

Whole system crashes are indicative of a fault somewhere other than µTorrent, in fact even if it was directly µTorrent's fault it would still be a bug in the operating system.

Could be hardware failure of some kind (for example overheating), or just a badly written driver. Try updating your network card drivers, and uninstalling (not disabling!) any 3rd party firewall or 'security' software you might have.

I noticed something today.

For some reason, when I use version 2.0, I can't get past 20kB/s, 100kB/s (I have a 10Mbit Download/1Mbit Upload connection). Additionally, it took much longer than 1.8.4 to start downloading. I checked the settings and they were the same I had with 1.8.4 (max connections, everything. The same.). So I tried to go back to 1.8.4 and I got 1.0MB/s in barely 30s downloading (the torrent had a lot of seeds...). Then I tried 2.0 again and... not past 100, 150kB/s and took a long time to start downloading. Then I went back to 1.8.4.

Btw, this is the torrent I used to test it.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5099165/The_Proposal%5B2009%5DDvDrip%5BEng%5D-FXG

ps.: of course, I was using the same port and I checked if everything was fine with port forwarding and tracker connectivity.

Something is not right about this latest build.

I have been running 2.0 build 16666 with no problems. I just upgraded to build 16850 on TWO separate machines. I did not change any settings or anything, just updated it. Now my torrents don't download. They just sit there saying downloading and don't do anything. They show me the seeders and leechers but it just doesn't go or if it does, it goes very very slowly. I checked the transfer cap and all that stuff, and I can't figure out what's wrong, other than the clear assumption that something is wrong with this build.

I just downgraded to 1.8.4 stable and it's working fine now. All of my torrents that were "downloading" just magically started up almost instantly back up to 3.0 MB/sec. Although I wish I could have a version of 2.0 because I really liked UDP torrenting.

Running Windows 7 RTM (6.1 Build 7600) 64-bit on both machines. I'll be glad to help out if someone wants to know more about the issue if you want to help me pinpoint the problem, just PM/AIM.

Ok, I'm new here but have been using uTorrent for 2-3 years and I'm using 2.0 beta build 16850.

I'm currently seeding one file and the upload download speeds showing on the file are no where close to what uTorrent shows on the title bar.

It says on the file that I'm uploading at say 60k and the title bar says I'm uploading at 86k. This has never happened before.

Is anyone else having this problem? The download numbers are also wrong.

30 - 50k off sometimes.

I didn't know whether to post this in here or in troubleshooting. Apologies if I put this in the wrong forum.

One other very strange thing is sometimes I'm uploading at close to my max speed, and the speed just falls. It drops to almost nothing. Then after a few seconds it skyrockets back up to max speed again.

I've tried changing all of the half opens and disposition settings nothing has fixed these bugs.

What gives? Utorrent never used to be this buggy.

Archived