µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

Is it intended that every time I upgrade to a new uT build, Teredo goes and creates a new port-map?

I'm on win7 and I enabled IPv6 in uT if it helps. But I don't think having a new port mapped every time you upgrade is a good thing. I'm at 4 open ports right now (upgraded 4 times since the last router reboot).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@funkydude

Because you ask to Windows to open a random port each time a program needs to use Teredo.

Windows+R > cmd > netsh int ter set state clientport=port (0=default)

So you'll see only this port is open in your router when Teredo is using and not a range of random ports.

@funkydude:

I met this 'issue' many times when I only started/exited µT. Almost a new port at each start with the consequence of 4 or 5 ports staying open in my router and relative to Teredo tunnelling.

That's why I set a static port about Teredo in Windows and the 'issue' is gone now. :)

ahh thanks i thought as much :D

also is there a key to exit the apps screen?

i uninstalled 3.0 because i could not close it then 2.0 started displaying a fullscreen thing about some 1,2,3 steps i deleted all my settings and it went away but my point is how do i close those screens and go back to the torrents window?

there is no obvious close button so it must be a key?

this version is a new dimension of its own :P

normally I'd say to press F4, F5, and F7 to show the rest of the screen (for some reason its hiding them) but just go to the options tab at the top and enable the three associated with those buttons. Once your category view is back you can click torrents on the left side.

updated to 2.2 and also tried 3.0a build 20814, but the "open torrent (no default save)" option doesn't work - I point to the .torrent file and it starts D/L-ing, gives no option where to save. Win 7 Ultimate 32bit. Is it a bug or has something changed?

Archived