µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something has gone wrong with new beta.

It won't move the files from download folder to the one for finnished files as before. And as soon as it's supposed to be moved UT shows an error message that the file do not exist. Preventing any further seeding.

I tried entering the folders again and restart UT but that makes no difference. Will it be fixed soon or can I somehow roll back to previous beta?

Edit:

I now see I can't use magnet links anymore. That only results in UT trying to download an empty file.

That has nothing to do with the above problem tho, that remains however I try to download a file.

It won't move the files from download folder to the one for finnished files as before. And as soon as it's supposed to be moved UT shows an error message that the file do not exist. Preventing any further seeding.

Agreed, it's totally hosed everything I've downloaded.

Files renamed to "Complete" instead of being moved into the "Complete" folder....

Trying to point the torrents back to the files to restart them seeding results in the file selection dropdown being full of nonsense ASCII and it won't display any files, even when set to show "All Files"

This is XP, and the logged in account has full admin rights, so it shouldn't be a permissions problem.

yeah, as soon as the switch from 21738 to 21882 was made, the UI would hang and not come up... I can see the network traffic running as per normal via a packet sniffer, and can see the disk access going on, but the UI just doesn't come up... I even tried rolling back and deselecting all of the tray UI effects then redoing the update, and restarting the computer, but to no avail.... so I guess I'm staying rolled back until the next iteration...

I tried entering the folders again and restart UT but that makes no difference. Will it be fixed soon or can I somehow roll back to previous beta?

Edit:

I now see I can't use magnet links anymore. That only results in UT trying to download an empty file.

That has nothing to do with the above problem tho, that remains however I try to download a file.

Same.

Also downgrading to the last stable version exhibits the same problem.

Now that I've had some time to poke at this some more...

It only screws up on torrents with single files in them.

I'm guessing that the first one that completes gets moved as the folder name instead of being placed inside your completed folder. This first one still seeds from the misnamed file.

Every single file torrent after that does not get moved, presumably because the misnamed file already exists. As soon as these complete the torrent breaks and does not seed.

I was finally able to get these broken torrents pointed back at the proper files and seeding by using the Advanced->Set Download Location option and MANUALLY inputing the full file name. (Since the open dialog will not actually show any files)

Also, in preferences I have "move completed downloads" set to a folder and also "append labels" checked. (along with all the other folders on that preferences pane set)

Hope that helps debugging some.

Build 21882 doesn't work for me. It installs, but no window is shown. It keeps one core at 100% CPU... I hooked up Process Monitor to it and it is still making peer connections in the background, there's just no UI and it's maxing out a core.

[Edit: Whew, it's not just me, ok.]

Had to revert to build 21738, which works fine... is there some place I can more easily find old versions? Google wasn't too helpful since most sites that advertised the old build had already uploaded the new one and Google's cache was old.

[Edit: Oh wow this is fun, left the uBrowse app running in the background and it ate up the ENTIRE 32-bit memory space until uTorrent started spouting out of memory errors. Yeah, apps shouldn't be able to do that.]

I have Case 1282:

Constant freeze with the latest µTorrent 2.2 Beta (b21882) when using

it thru an SSH tunnel created with PuTTY -- PuTTY provides a Socks5

proxy at 127.0.0.1 which leads to the SSH server. This worked fine with

the previous version.

If PuTTY is running when µT is started, not even the GUI appears. CPU

load jumps to 100%, have to kill utorrent.exe. Win7 64 Home Premium

Yeah, build 21882 is unable to find the files after they are downloaded. And when I try to set download location it's all messed up too.

==> Temp fix:

Stop, start, then pause torrent.

Set download location.

Recheck file. Seed.

Just poke around with the download location

Error I get:

[2010-09-14 17:15:28] TorrentFreak-TorrentFreakTVS02E11228.m4v: Unable to move: Kan geen bestand maken dat al bestaat.

(Can not move file that already exists.)

I don't know if this is new, but µTorrent seems to overrunning the global connection limit for me.

I have it set to 30, but in the statistics dialog it says 90.

Possibly an interaction between the scheduler being set to seeding only, there being 8 queued torrents (with no data yet), and the "use additional upload slots if upload speed < 90%" setting?

Bug (in 2.2 build 22007 as well as in 3.0 build 22005, checked on XP SP3 and Win7 64):

Looking on the "Files" tab, having "Mode" enabled - on seeding torrents the mode is shown "write".

On multifile torrents some skipped files show "write" there too, also some as "read" which should be just blank.

Also some files on non skipped multifile torrents show as read, some as write, on stopped torrents too.

This bug is not in the 2.0.4's, has not been on 2.2's up to build 20532, but is already in 2.2 build 20663.

3.0 build 20228 has the bug already, 2.1 build 18959 too (sorry, no older 2.1 versions on this laptop here).

It seems that this bug was introduced early in the 2.1's (which are 3.0 now) and with build 20663 was introduced in 2.2.

EDIT: checked now down to 2.1 build 16457 which has the bug already ...

EDIT2: 3.0 build 22021 has still the bug

yeah, as soon as the switch from 21738 to 21882 was made, the UI would hang and not come up... I can see the network traffic running as per normal via a packet sniffer, and can see the disk access going on, but the UI just doesn't come up... I even tried rolling back and deselecting all of the tray UI effects then redoing the update, and restarting the computer, but to no avail.... so I guess I'm staying rolled back until the next iteration...

this issue is not resolved in 22007, also I noticed that it runs at 25% cpu maybe there's something glitched in the code that is restricting it to only one core?

Archived