µTorrent 3.1 Release Candidate 11

Firon

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Change: hide 'App' column by default

It's not even have in list in Version 3.1 RC5 (build 26545) and still show by default.

Whole detail info are bugs, It's not refresh, I can't believe it's RC, Great!

It's just me?

This version intend to not update detail info?

If it's that so I think it's should have option to chose interval for refresh detail info and option to on and off.

Try use these exact settings: [..] what used to make the difference was (is?): diskio.smart_sparse_hash = *false

I went ahead and changed only these in RC5: diskio.smart_sparse_hash = *false, diskio.smart_hash = *false AND diskio.low_prio_disk = *false and...

It got a LOT farther that way without a single hashfail! Up to 75% or more on the slackware x86 everything ISO (my test torrent of choice), whereas usually it would start repeat failing around 25% or less. I let it go all the way to 99.9% this time, and only 2 pieces were failing: 1224 and 2043.

The weirdest thing though is that it didn't seem to exceed the write cache with those settings, and I was downloading at 4MB/s - higher than I was previously when it would exceed!

Edit: Hold the phone! I just got autoupdated to what I presume is RC6 (26554)! :D

The first two of my reported RC5 regressions seem to be fixed in this new build, however, the ReadFile error checking for skipped files (after a relocation) is back, and skipped file creation is still occuring so I've added them to my main buglist post, now updated.

Please respond to the remaining items on that list. Thank you.

Yeah, build 26554 is up

Fixes the tabs/status-bar refresh issue. Thank you Adam K. I don't get the hash fails, with *all* those settings you mentioned - true (default, as well as the rest of them - as default ). Stil it iver LAN. I guess that over the Internet there could be naturally ocuring hash fails.

and I was downloading at 4MB/s

Those 'best settings' gives much better speeds with speedy connection. You (and the devs) will all eventually see that ... :P

BTW, I am not using uTP at the moment.

Try use these exact settings: [..] what used to make the difference was (is?): diskio.smart_sparse_hash = *false

I went ahead and changed only these in RC5: diskio.smart_sparse_hash = *false' date=' diskio.smart_hash = *false AND diskio.low_prio_disk = *false and...

It got a LOT farther that way without a single hashfail! Up to 75% or more on the slackware x86 everything ISO (my test torrent of choice), whereas usually it would start repeat failing around 25% or less. I let it go all the way to 99.9% this time, and only 2 pieces were failing: 1224 and 2043.

The weirdest thing though is that it didn't seem to exceed the write cache with those settings, and I was downloading at 4MB/s - higher than I was previously when it would exceed!

Edit: Hold the phone! I just got autoupdated to what I presume is RC6 (26554)! :D

The first two of my reported RC5 regressions seem to be fixed in this new build, however, the ReadFile error checking for skipped files (after a relocation) is back, and skipped file creation is still occuring so I've added them to my main buglist post, now updated.

Please respond to the remaining items on that list. Thank you.

could you set diskio.low_prio_disk back to true?

Also, can you link us to the -exact- torrent?

I think this is the right place, i'm on latest version (3.1 build 26554 32bit) and have a weird problem.

A couple of days ago i got prompted to update to latest 3.1 (an earlier build than above) and had "Alpha tester feedback" (or something like this) hyperlink in top right corner of utorrent - i didn't really think much of it at the time - just assumed it was a left over link from alpha testing.

Yesterday i got another prompt to update (to my current version listed above) and now this text has changed to some chinese characters as per attached.

utorrentk.png

Just thought you might want to look at this, remove it from the final ?

EDIT: just remembered, also have another issue.

I'm downloading to a fixed drive (D:) once complete, certain types of downloads are moved to H: (which happens to be a permantly attached USB drive) - utorrent appears to move the files ok, but the torrents remain listed as "Moving" permanatly (it doesn't change unless exit utorrent and start back up again).

I noticed some comments about USB drive handling in this release - wonder if it's related??

I think this is the right place, i'm on latest version (3.1 build 26554 32bit) and have a weird problem.

A couple of days ago i got prompted to update to latest 3.1 (an earlier build than above) and had "Alpha tester feedback" (or something like this) hyperlink in top right corner of utorrent - i didn't really think much of it at the time - just assumed it was a left over link from alpha testing.

Yesterday i got another prompt to update (to my current version listed above) and now this text has changed to some chinese characters as per attached.

utorrentk.png

Just thought you might want to look at this, remove it from the final ?

EDIT: just remembered, also have another issue.

I'm downloading to a fixed drive (D:) once complete, certain types of downloads are moved to H: (which happens to be a permantly attached USB drive) - utorrent appears to move the files ok, but the torrents remain listed as "Moving" permanatly (it doesn't change unless exit utorrent and start back up again).

I noticed some comments about USB drive handling in this release - wonder if it's related??

The corruption in the toolbar is actually an old issue that we fixed. The problem is existing settings.dat will have the corrupted values.

The only way to really fix it is to delete settings or wait a few days or so.

Well,

Version 3.1 was first released in september. We are three months later. And discovering a Release Candidate every day. And the known problems list still contains MAJOR issues. So I have a feeling of anxiety.:(

I stopped using V3.1 a couple of weeks ago due to memory clobbing, 99% problems, inability to shut down properly, UI inconsistencies,etc... And release after release I still see the same negative reports in this forum.

Where are you heading to? IMHO, it cannot be poor coding, cause you have amply proven that you know your way around. So what ? Is it a design flaw, is the new UI "paradigm" erroneous, are independent thread errors never collected and fixed ?? Isn't it time to go through an in depth self-audit of your choices for V3.x ??

uTorrent (RC7) crashes every time I connect my phone (HTC G1) to the USB to be charged.

Started with RC6 or RC5.

Any way to disable this "device" function altogether in settings; not planning on using utorrent to automatically transfer files there.

uTorrent (RC7) crashes every time I connect my phone (HTC G1) to the USB to be charged.

Started with RC6 or RC5.

Any way to disable this "device" function altogether in settings; not planning on using utorrent to automatically transfer files there.

btw, multiple dumps were automatically submitted to developers, upon the crash window prompt.

Archived