µTorrent 3.3 Stable

cmeisel

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read it. Can you please explain this screenshot?... Some side affect of an old setting? A new design?... What should I do' date=' to remove the "Apps"/"New Apps" node ?... :P

2f9bce235277093.jpg

right click on the node and hide it.

Still, it should be auto-removed, I think.

On a second thought, maybe the node itself should be left for backward compatibility - for those who have some apps installed. But in this case - F9 - should be there too, possibly left unchecked as default, for those people that do not have any app installed.

I had problems to start the installation, likewise. After many kills and re-tries, it finally started up after ~30 secs. I'm on Win7 x64. It's something in the installer and the notice "allow this bla bla" we've to get.

At some point I had 2-3 ism.exe instances running. I truly don't remember when was the last version that all the basic -at least- functions were working normally. We always have to deal with 1 or 2 "main" functions broken. What gives?

I have a torrent I created in the past of several episodes I recorded on my pvr.. I wanted to re-seed to my other computers downstairs.. but uTorrent 3.3 "Stable" claimed the 1st file is incomplete.. I verified it w/ my media player... then I fired up uTorrent 3.2.3 and entire torrent checked out fine.

Is anyone else having problems w/ torrent verification?? It seems to be really buggy in v3.3 "Stable"...

Had to revert to 3.2.3. 3.3 Stable kept a torrent in "flushing to disk" for hours, quit out, had to terminate utorrent via taskmanager, launched 3.3 again that torrent and a couple of others would not complete it's "Check" even after choosing stop and force recheck they stayed at checking without moving any % at all. Reverted to 3.2.3 torrents checked and are running again.

I think I'm gonna revert to 3.2.3 as well... appears 3.3 Stable isn't particularly "stable" after all.... :(

I'll wait awhile for all you guinea pigs to submit the bug reports and the headaches and get it at least a bit more stable before I'm gonna use again.... perhaps wait for v3.3.1 :D

Currently running 3.2.3 #28705 and "check for updates" says "there's no new version at this time". Is that intentional?

The intention is to update just a few first (x/100), save you the trouble, and fix issues other report back *before* you update...

You are in luck, too few RCs == too many issues here...

On a second thought, maybe the node itself should be left for backward compatibility - for those who have some apps installed. But in this case - F9 - should be there too, possibly left unchecked as default, for those people that do not have any app installed.

Ok. And did you actually read the OP before you had this wonderful second thought?:

Next, we streamlined µTorrent features by eliminating underused and non-core features, including Apps and Find Content, the dual list view and the "getting started" tab.

On a second thought' date=' maybe the node itself should be left for backward compatibility - for those who have some apps installed. But in this case - F9 - should be there too, possibly left unchecked as default, for those people that do not have any app installed.[/quote']

Ok. And did you actually read the OP before you had this wonderful second thought?:

Next, we streamlined µTorrent features by eliminating underused and non-core features, including Apps and Find Content, the dual list view and the "getting started" tab.

Yes. Except for "Apps", all the rest has not involved any installation/permanent changes, so removing them effects the only functionality.

With "Apps" - users (at least some..) have installed "plugins" and are using them . Just removing it, leaves them with install base that is useless (and still on disk). I suggested to not "heart" those users . If support is not to be continued, at least give them an option to "uninstall" cleanly, and suggest to upgrade to "uT plus".

F9 on a clean install of 3.3 build 29010

Too bad you are running a wrong build # . We do not support "old" versions... :P But' date=' if you like to have F9 - you better stick to it...[/quote']

Yeah, well it was two days ago when I downloaded and did a clean install, so the latest build probably hasn't been rolled out to UK locales as yet.

Had to revert to 3.2.3. 3.3 Stable kept a torrent in "flushing to disk" for hours, quit out, had to terminate utorrent via taskmanager, launched 3.3 again that torrent and a couple of others would not complete it's "Check" even after choosing stop and force recheck they stayed at checking without moving any % at all. Reverted to 3.2.3 torrents checked and are running again.

same thing happens to me, went back to 3.2.3

Just reverted another computer to v3.2.3 from v3.3.... Seems torrents were getting frozen in the middle of the night....Status bar turned "red"... w/ an error.... I had to exit and restart before v3.3 start working again.... or I could probably have just hit "start" button "again".... this is getting on my nerves... cache issue??? not sure, but this should NEVER have left beta testing....

Just reverted another computer to v3.2.3 from v3.3.... Seems torrents were getting frozen in the middle of the night....Status bar turned "red"... w/ an error.... I had to exit and restart before v3.3 start working again.... or I could probably have just hit "start" button "again".... this is getting on my nerves... cache issue??? not sure, but this should NEVER have left beta testing....
My guess would be more toward the new disk IO subsystem. I think it happened once here, stopping the download with an "illegal download state" status. Do you remember the red error it displayed ? Or your nerves where overloaded... ;) Any hash fails logged ?

I noticed this version doesn't check on startup if some files were removed from the torrent. I remember some older versions (2.x) used to display something like "incorrect download state - try resuming" so it would let me know if I accidentally moved, renamed or deleted some files or folders.

With this version, I have to recheck all my torrents to really be sure no files are missing. Can you consider re-introducing this feature if it was removed at some point, or guide me if there's some advanced option I need to change? Thanks.

Can you consider re-introducing this feature if it was removed

Noooo... why do you need to check your files every startup? As soon as you'll start seeding, it will be noticed.

Some files are on a removable/portable media, and users need to remove and insert it. Better uTorrent will do nothing in this case.

Hello,

v3.3 installed OK, somehow the upload speed is 3-4 times lower than v.3.2.3.

Also, when shutting down the machine, I get a window from the task manager something about rundll32 can't finish or is not responding. Checked the above on two different machines, both XP x32.

Had to roll back to 3.2.3, the life is wonderful again.

Archived