PunBB

Loatroll

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Oxygen forum style; minimalism and cleanliness to the max =P

One little thing to note, though... it seems that the timestamps are off. My timezone is usually -4 hours, but for some odd reason, I have to set it to +1 hour for PunBB to display the correct time...

I think that the name of the one who created a thread should be under the threadname, not next to it.

Then move the page counter next to the thread name.

Another thing I dont like is the new post tag next to thread name when there is a new post, you can alread see it by looking at the icon next to the thread name.

The username being next to the threadname is purely for space-saving reasons, I think...

One more thing to note (that's annoying about PunBB) is that even after you've read a thread, PunBB doesn't mark it as so. The icon to the left still shows that the thread is unread (incorrect). This makes it hard to navigate around...

Edit: All's well with the timestamp now =]

Love the Oxygen forum style; minimalism and cleanliness to the max =P

One little thing to note, though... it seems that the timestamps are off. My timezone is usually -4 hours, but for some odd reason, I have to set it to +1 hour for PunBB to display the correct time...

before it was GMT, now its CET :P

Strange, first I had to put it to CET +7 to get correct time, now I had to change again to CET +1 to get correct time :P

Hm... there's a mod to fix the "read topics" thing I mentioned above. Annoying that it has to be a mod, but oh well...

It seems to have last been updated for an older version of PunBB, so I'm not sure whether it works for this version. Just in case (if anyone decides to install this), I'd suggest you follow the instructions in the "install.txt" instead of using the patch.diff.

Edit: lol got tired of making a new post every time I discover something new... Anway, it seems that PunBB v1.3 will natively "fix" this read topics "bug" =P

was wrong about the font being made bigger for the topic title. just make each cell 34px high instead of the current height of 25px. it makes everything look too squashed and hard to read.

and maybe change the light brown/blue whatever colour they are on the theme to images, just that the board looks v bland and flat with the default plain colour bits.

image.png

It was a bit disorienting at first; I thought I screwed up some setting on Firefox. Text is a bit small for my eyes (sans glasses at least), but nothing I can't fix with a Ctrl-MWheel Down. Then I saw the remove sigs option and I was sold. Bless you.

Seems to load a bit faster, too, but then what do I know with my 6 or so posts?

Archived