Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the bloodcells better, because its not boring like shrills logo and to use the terms BSH used,

the bloodcells are bright and eye-catchy.

actually, i'm quite sure i've seen the red saucer/bloodcell icon being used by a program before. quite some time ago though, could be win 3.1/95 era ;)

I like the bloodcells better' date=' because its not boring like shrills logo and to use the terms BSH used,

the bloodcells are bright and eye-catchy.[/quote']

actually, i'm quite sure i've seen the red saucer/bloodcell icon being used by a program before. quite some time ago though, could be win 3.1/95 era ;)

it often that a concept of a icon have been used before, but its ok to use it if it looks different

+ you said that you saw it in win 3.1 so its possible that no one has the copyright of the logo anymore.

The blood cells don't have enough personality. The alien and the warrior are the way to go. The bomb is a nice idea but I don't think a bomb can be associated with this program instantly very easily, the warrior can easily do that because he's unique.

@boo - I thought you were making those icons, I just needed to see what that Icon looked like in XP and it doesn't match the colors very well. Possibly a brighter colored alien would go better.

Nothing special...just thought I'd throw something out there...

The "spheres" are representative of a double helix (DNA strand)...

I know...I know...No one wants the "µ"...Seems to be fairly unique in it's association with THIS program...shame to ignore it...so I didn't...;)

utorrentlogo1sm5xk.png

However, I would really like to see the tribal-guy with a 3:rd dimension. It looks too flat for my likings atm.

a tiny bit of duotone shading could fix that for sure :)

(personally i'm not sure if it needs it though, i guess there's only one way to find out ;))

haha.. lol.. am i the only one whos seeing sperms?? ;)

btw.. my vote goes to the tribal tingie, and second place goes to the aliens!

Interesting...never looked at it like that...blue "sperm" huh...LOL

Ya' know...sperm has to be "fast" (if it wants to survive)...it's pretty damn small...and it's loaded with information...Hmmmm...

A microscopic, fast moving, information carrying object...Hey...sounds like µTorrent...!!!;)

I still like the original one you created, just fix the eye. Still great work though.

I was thinking since the µ shouldn't be used in the logo at least as the main focus, is there going to be a name change? WarTorrent or Warrior Torrent could match the Shrill design.

I know bad names and probably a bad idea to change the name at this late of a stage but I was just assuming.

For those that were interested in what a more shaded version of the tribal guy would look like... here it is:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8217/utorrent051jw.png

This version also brings out the "robot" feel a lot more as well.

i don't think that's really working out well shrill, the bevel makes it a little 'cheap' and the digicam/circuit board (?) makes him less recognisable :)

Archived