1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since yesterday (when I had to System Restore for an unrelated reason), using 1.8 Stable my Uploading/Downloading has all but flatlined. Tried upgrading to the current beta and rebooting, but still getting maybe 2-3 Kb/s upload speed if I'm lucky. Modem's been kinda dodgy lately, but speed test came out fine, so I don't think it's that.

Any suggestions?

- Feature: report successful upgrade, with statistics

^^ Anyone able to expand on what this feature is btw?

When an auto-upgrade takes place, uTorrent records a few statistics about how long DNS, connect, and the transfer took, as well as the IP our update server resolved to, and the path it took. This allows us to measure successful updates (compared to starting the update) to make sure it worked, and measure performance of the hosting we use for updates.

These stats are reported to the server once the new version starts up, and obeys the same "anonymous usage statistics" option that auto-update does.

Feature or bug - I have stopped torrent with some files. If I select all(!) files inside the torrent and select for them "Don't download" - the torrent itselfs moved in the list to the bottom to some random place. Then, if I set for at least one file inside the torrent - 'Normal Priority' - torrent itself moved to the first place. Is it right behaviour?

List of torrents is sorted by '#'.

Build 12285 behaves the same for me as 12183; I can run 12024 without difficulty. Foir both releases, the UPX and the uncompressed binary do the same thing: they open, as I said before, but then all buttons and icons are dead, and keystrokes do nothing, and I need to kill it through the Task Manager. They do get as far as Sygate Personal Firewall's asking if they have permission to access the Internet, and if I have preferences set to ask at the start whether to associate .torrent files with µTorrent (of course, I have to run build 12024 or earlier to set or clear that preference), the dialog box for that question comes up but the Yes and No buttons and the X to close are all dead to the click of the trackball button.

Again, this is under Windows ME, and for complicated reasons, I'm not able to upgrade.

I think there's a bug in the ETA calculation.

20sej4w.jpg

It's been like that for 3 or 4 minutes now. While I was uploading the torrent, the ETA changed to the infinity sign, and it's still there as I type this, despite the fact that it's downloading at 1.2MB/s and will be done in just a few minutes.

I think there's a bug in the ETA calculation.

http://i35.tinypic.com/20sej4w.jpg

It's been like that for 3 or 4 minutes now. While I was uploading the torrent, the ETA changed to the infinity sign, and it's still there as I type this, despite the fact that it's downloading at 1.2MB/s and will be done in just a few minutes.

Can you screenshot the peer list too? The ETA calculation takes in to account how much peers have - so it's probably detected that even though you're downloading at 1.2MB/s, no peer has 100%.

Again? I thought that was taken care of ages ago, I mean I haven't encountered such recently :)

Altough I may have, I have a dump that I didn't post because it was for an older build (11903), and I updated to a newer one right away, maybe it's the same cause:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xyv2zmimm1g

uTorrent is running fine ever since it restarted after the last crash. I don't know what triggered it, as in means of user interaction. uTorrent just updated to the newest build automatically and then I added a new torrent and it started downloading ok. Then after a couple of minutes, crash.

I'll install the uncompressed version and send you the dumps if this ever happens again. Is there anything else I can do? I have Visual Studio installed, so I can do a debugging locally, but I suppose you can get all that information out of the minidump.

Uhm, and there's a miner bug kinda thingy that's been around for ages. I always forget to mention it, and maybe you already know about it. My settings in uTorrent are that it hides in the system tray and it comes back when I double click the icon. And there's the bubble notification when a download finishes. Now sometimes when I locked the computer this bubble doesn't appear, even if a download finishes, and then the double click doesn't work. I have to right click and select Hide/Show uTorrent from the menu. And then randomly the bubble shows up and the double click starts working again. I hope I was clear enough, this thing's rather annoying sometimes, because my first thought are that uTorrent crashed again and got stuck there :)

Archived