µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18786

Firon

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys !

just registered to report abnormal program behaviour : i just used the "reset bans" on a torrent (coz a very fast seed is making my line failing but it's worth it) and a bonus line caught my eye : i unbanned another user, and it was me ! no hash error up from me in the log, i'm only catching blocked connections and misc errors.

it was my LAN ip address, seems like utorrent founds itself as a fellow peer, and auto-ban this peer. i've only got basics in programming but i know there is something twisted in the logic here :P

i can't specify a given ip to utorrent because i'm on DSL with dynamic IP, changes every once in a whle, and utorrent works perfectly well beside that (well, i must admit i set the trans_disp at 5 though, too much overhead for now)

behaviour observed on a 18408, i saw 2 versions since but this is not listed so...[ EDIT before post : still the same with last version ] i report. my belief is that utorrent doesn't have, in any way, a reason ever to even attempt to consider itself as a fellow peer. if this is more time-saving that checking every time, well at least don't unban when using the general purpose UI command ? anyway, this should be fixed in the local peers detection (i think so ? i don't deactivate it because he found for example 1 seed and 14 peers on an active torrent )

my two cents, and keep up the good work, utp might work some day but for now, it shouldn't be that aggressive (i mean, taking precedence as soon as you switch from 5 to 15 for example) and shouldn't cripple retail home DSL equipments ;)

edit : what ? recalled the build ? but i got it like 25 minutes ago, while starting this post...

edit2 final : and by the way, the anti-robot checkin on registering is not workingg on IE8, somehow i couldn't click where i was supposed, failed 2 times so switched on FF and it works. i swear i'm not a script though !

hmm... i think it`s another problem...

so: incomplete files is .!ut marked. but(!) after files is finished .!ut is still there! (on some files, not all) i tried to stop downloading. recheked.re-started utorrent. restarted PC. no effect. manually removed .!ut from a file names. utorrent didn`t react at all! like it was from the beginnig! only 2 last versions is seems to have this glitch...

If you're downloading at 1024 KiloBYTES/second, then 50 KiloBYTES/second of overheads on down and up sides because of it is only about 5% overheads. That's actually a huge improvement over the 20-25% overheads reported previously, so I presume you're getting the vast majority of your download speed from TCP seeds/peers.

uTorrent v2.0.1 generating 20-30% overheads when using uTP...but less than 10% overheads when using TCP alone:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9993/ulutptcp3ping.png

See this also for more details: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=72106

Bug in re-hashing: open new torrent with multiple files and select only some to download, relocate files that were selected as 'skip' to already existing ones, torrent re-hashes but fail to recognize added parts until they are selected to be downloaded.

Re-hashing of absent-and-skipped files seems quite inefficient.

Bug: In RSS feeds categories/section - "Disable" is missing from the right click context menu on "all feeds" and also when you select multiple RSS feeds (that one of them is NOT enabled).

Thus: It's not possible to disabled multiple feeds conveniently :(

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_6IoA7yojDSI/S6s_yDiOIsI/AAAAAAAAASk/mOtEY2SaEIU/BEP22_bug.png

As you can see, I'm still having this bug with BEP22... It does not request PTR record and uses my NETBIOS name (Eliotbook) in SRV request instead...

Client was started with only one trackerless Torrent active...

What do you get when you run "nslookup" on your public IP? Are there any other peers on the local network or the same machine? Getting the NETBIOS name implies either uTorrent is not aware of the public IP (and is aware of a LAN IP), or reverse DNS for your public IP is somehow mis-configured (possibly on a local DNS server).

Archived