µTorrent 2.0.4 released

Firon

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a server which runs v2.0.4 build 21586 for extended periods of time, and I notice it slowing down to crawl after a couple weeks. Regular browsing is not affected, only if I exit and restart uTorrent does my speed go back to normal. Is anyone else noticing this? Memory remains contant at about 20MBytes and running on a recycled Windows 2008 Server.

Google translation:

I have a problem when I run the test broadband network or I get an error;

bandwidth test is failure, a problem with the network closed the connection

network the result is the port is closed but I can download

please give solution to my problem

As far as I know, none of the test locations work anymore.

Is anyone experiencing memory leaks with this release.. since 204 Im having to reboot XP daily but 202 could run without a issue. Im not hundred percent sure its utorrent or another app or nod or nortons doing it, but maybe others have the same problem.

general issues is pulldowns wont work and sometimes out of resources happens despite i have tried forcing a increase in the reg tweak

Is anyone experiencing memory leaks with this release.. since 204 Im having to reboot XP daily but 202 could run without a issue. Im not hundred percent sure its utorrent or another app or nod or nortons doing it, but maybe others have the same problem.

general issues is pulldowns wont work and sometimes out of resources happens despite i have tried forcing a increase in the reg tweak

I've had 2.0.4 running for 18 days, no noticiable memory leaks or transfer slowdowns. 50Mb memory with 77Mb VM usage.

You've deluded yourself into believing that a version with a MAJOR SECURITY HOLE is the best.

You also have not run through ANY troubleshooting to find out if it's your settings.

I don't know, 2.0.4 worked perfectly for about 2 weeks and then I don't know why but I changed my port and it stopped working (the download speed, I mean). There is this green tick mark there but when run tests from setup guide, it says it's not open. Is it throttling the downloads because of the port or what? Sorry for being so stupid.

Keep running. Let us know what happens in day 22+ in respect to your uTP transfers' performance.

my last launched stat in utorrent 2.03.20664 is 8-5-2010 in windows 7 x64 Pro.

so I am upgrading to the newest 2.04 today so I will let you know also (2.03 seemed to slow down about 3 weeks ago with single torrents not being able to reach their full potential and utorrent starting more than one to acheive my download bandwith goals) but it could be my ISP throttling as I have had the same IP for that whole time

my%20utorrent%20stats%20current%209%2020http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/chevyluvin/utorrent/UTorrent20320664statson9-20-2010.png

for only 418 times started that is a pretty good run time total (I think this is from when I started using utorrent back in the 1.5~1.6 days)

Keep running. Let us know what happens in day 22+ in respect to your uTP transfers' performance.

After 21 days the problems start. I restarted my uTorrent and that helped some. I happened to have contact with a couple seeders that I was connected to at the time the problem started and they had to restart 2.0.4 as well.

Just to summarize the issue, my uT would connect via UTP download a bit, stall, disconnect, reconnect via TCP download a bit, stall, disconnect, connect UTP, and repeat.

Since 2.0.4 is the only current "stable" release I would think that the devs really need to reconsider the decision to back port such a serious bugfix. If 2.2 was not still in beta I wouldn't put this out there, but a large number of sites still will not allow betas and having such a performance bug in production code will further degrade the standing of uT in the user community.

-- 2010-09-15: Version 2.2 Beta (build 22007)

- Fix: Fixed uTP ACK timer wrap bug

I guess this is the issue involved here. Looks like an easy one to fix. I guess BT inc. reputation/PR does not count much with you ;) 2.2 close to RC ? I guess you did seed much with it lately, or didn't read the latests posts in it's thread. The overhauled chocker code by alus - does not perform well , and people are regressing to 2.04.

[21:49] <`rafi_> at least clean up all the [slots] settings to adjust for your new chocker :P [i.e: change to one global setting in torrent->properties, bandwidth & setup guide]

[21:54] <alus> yes. I really should.

Plus, it's far from complete as far as the UI for upload slots goes... :(

Not to mention the PMTUD code, that is probably broken. The last back-port from 3.0 un-stabilized it a lot, to say the least.

So dunno about your definition of "soon". And it's ~1 hour's work to fix 2.04 ... :P

My 2 cents...

Since it only actually affects a very small number of users, we aren't going to backport it. Furthermore, 2.2 is on track to going RC soon, so it's not worth releasing a new 2.0.4.

2.0.4 represents 80% of the clients on several sites I follow, both public and private. Many members leave their computers on for days, even weeks, so how can you brush this off as affecting a small number of users?

As Rafi pointed out, it's not a huge fix.

It has been about 3 weeks since this last build was out, and the problem will start to show about now. You should anticipate and prevent this, and not wait for people to complain about it. Those "few" (as you say) are the ones dedicated to run it non stop, probably as good seeders for the rest of us... :(

Archived