µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why im not have columns seeds and peers?

Right click table header (where you see "name"' date=' "size") and select any column you like.[/quote']

I know this but i not have seeds and peers they disappeared.

"Peers" and "Seeds" are absent in context menu for header? It is interesting to see a screenshot of such menu. I have this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/peersseeds.png/

Right click table header (where you see "name"' date=' "size") and select any column you like.[/quote']

I know this but i not have seeds and peers they disappeared.

"Peers" and "Seeds" are absent in context menu for header? It is interesting to see a screenshot of such menu. I have this http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/peersseeds.png/

Work fine I do not understand correctly, sorry.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=588848#p588848

Will fix in a later version:

•Columns change on upgrade (BTW, we'd like more information on this - which behaviours will trigger the problem: Adding columns not int he standard set, re-arranging columns, etc). We will fix this for 3.1

Maybe this because i upgrade.

Unfortunately i can't use 3.0 ...

The problem is disk overloaded issue.

Now, as i run version 2.2.1 (build 25302) there is not a 1% of disk overloaded.

When i install (with or without keeping the user settings from 2.2.1), the latest version ... well my problem begins.

I experienced a similar issue during one of the betas of 2.2.1.

After some experimentation and searching I found a forum post which recommended setting the disk cache size manually. I just set it to 160MB and got rid of the overload issue.

Later on I found out that the HDD was heavily fragmented, after defragmenting it going back to normal settings worked out fine.

Both (read & write) are disabled, no solution, thanks !

Well, going back to 2.2.1 ...

Thanks guys, but still no luck.

Maybe the 3.1 or 3.0.1 will resolve this problem.

Btw, if it helps the specs are:

W7 x64; I7; 8GB DDR 3; 2TB Raid 0

Good luck to the devs !

Both (read & write) are disabled, no solution, thanks !

Sorry, I was inattentive. You also have issue with huge hashing as pulbitz. I don't know what causes it. It is always 0 for me. It is hashing when I force torrent recheck. Can any uT developer tell, in what situations "Hashing" is used in Read disk statistics besides rechecking?

I'm the one who was reporting the similar problem' date=' but as I mentioned on my previous post, after installing the latest version the problem is gone [for me at least']. I did nothing to the settings before and after updating. Maybe try fresh install? [backup all your settings first of course].

The "not exactly maximized" problem is likely fixed. Since it was random, I wasn't sure if it's gone or just luck. It hasn't happened since, so I'll assume it's fixed.

The problem with the tray icon is still here though... happens only with uT's icon and only appeared recently. I have "minimize at system start", but the window still shows and the tray icon doesn't work properly.

Looking into this and GTK66 problem, look for a fix in a few weeks :D

I think there are one big regression with new versions of µTorrent. I currently still using 2.0.4, because 3.0 uses 50-60 MB RAM and more. While 2.0.4 - 30-40 MB in my case (604 torrents, 2-3 torrents - active).

Can be that fixing in upcoming new versions or/and adding to to-do list of the future plans?

Were looking into memory/disk issues, look for a fix in a few weeks

Both (read & write) are disabled' date=' no solution, thanks ![/quote']

Sorry, I was inattentive. You also have issue with huge hashing as pulbitz. I don't know what causes it. It is always 0 for me. It is hashing when I force torrent recheck. Can any uT developer tell, in what situations "Hashing" is used in Read disk statistics besides rechecking?

Looking into this

Let me comment Andre Young's message. I see 3 issues:

1. Read cache is 5MB. Write cache is 32MB. Isn't it supposed to be the same cache and show 32 MB in both places?

2. Hashing is not 0. If there was not recheck, then it may be issue.

3. There is an issue with dropzone. I also have it. This is how to reproduce: put uT in window mode (not maximized). Then decrease uT window height to minimum, so only title is visible. Finally increase window height SLOWLY. Dropzone will have ghost image similar to provided on the shot. If to increase height too fast, there won't be such effect.

Let me comment Andre Young's message. I see 3 issues:

1. Read cache is 5MB. Write cache is 32MB. Isn't it supposed to be the same cache and show 32 MB in both places?

2. Hashing is not 0. If there was not recheck, then it may be issue.

3. There is an issue with dropzone. I also have it. This is how to reproduce: put uT in window mode (not maximized). Then decrease uT window height to minimum, so only title is visible. Finally increase window height SLOWLY. Dropzone will have ghost image similar to provided on the shot. If to increase height too fast, there won't be such effect.

2. Not recheck.

3. I have issue with dropzone not only increase height too slowly, but if too fast too.

I tried streaming with different players and it did not work.

When i click Get Started or Show "Get Started Page" in log i have this:

[2011-06-25 02:51:13] Script Error: line=46 char=7 code=0 message=Не удалось получить значение свойства "Controls": значением объекта является NULL или он не определен (Unable to get the value of the "Controls": the value of the object is NULL or not defined) url=btresource://4585805A0BEAAAA6F570825EB241201C227B5E09/remote/main.js

Same for Find content:

[2011-06-25 03:06:24] Script Error: line=46 char=7 code=0 message=Не удалось получить значение свойства "Controls": значением объекта является NULL или он не определен url=btresource://3609FC884502A1DF0AA5D9D160C827BB1BD51FC9/utorrent_welcome/remote/main.js

For Apps:

[2011-06-25 03:10:34] Script Error: line=46 char=7 code=0 message=Не удалось получить значение свойства "Controls": значением объекта является NULL или он не определен url=btresource://3609FC884502A1DF0AA5D9D160C827BB1BD51FC9/utorrent_welcome/remote/main.js

[2011-06-25 02:51:13] Script Error: line=46 char=7 code=0 message=Не удалось получить значение свойства "Controls": значением объекта является NULL или он не определен url=btresource://4585805A0BEAAAA6F570825EB241201C227B5E09/remote/main.js

Try VLC media player. It is the only player, which allowed me to stream mkv files. Probably because it doesn't read indices, which are in the end of file. By the way, you can switch uT to English while testing, because not everyone knows Russian.

I get this message box, when I press About -> Show "Get Started" Page.

getstarted.png

I close this message box and see next page:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2700/getstarted2.png

There is some gray rectangle to the left. Tell me, please, how to close this page and return to table with torrents without restarting uT? Left panel is disabled in advanced settings: gui.enable_sidebar_buttons=true.

[2011-06-25 02:51:13] Script Error: line=46 char=7 code=0 message=Не удалось получить значение свойства "Controls": значением объекта является NULL или он не определен url=btresource://4585805A0BEAAAA6F570825EB241201C227B5E09/remote/main.js

Try VLC media player. It is the only player' date=' which allowed me to stream mkv files. Probably because it doesn't read indices, which are in the end of file. By the way, you can switch uT to English while testing, because not everyone knows Russian.[/quote']

VLC i try too. I tried avi(XviD) video. I switch to English, but this message show in Russian( i translate in first log message).

VLC i try too. I tried avi(XviD) video.

Streaming doesn't work for some files sometimes. Let's hope it will evolve in the future.

I switch to English, but this message show in Russian( i translate in first log message).

I think this is browser's error message, and it is Russian for you. uT tries to open HTML file in "Get started page" and it has some issue.

Archived