µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

1.6 will be coming out BEFORE the webui (and in fact, the webui functionality is not present in 1.6 RC1. Or well, it's there, you just can't configure it anymore). 1.6.1 will be released when the webui comes out, with the webui functionality re-instated.

If this is the case, it will be required to use 467 to continue to test the WebUI?

Keep up the great work all fo you :)

Edit: Oops I meant keep using 466.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncheck "resolve IPs".

kookykrazee: If you previously configured the webui and left it enabled, you can continue to use later builds. You won't be able to configure the webui or turn it on/off in 467, though.

If that's a problem, stick to 466.

They post " I can't imagine ever needing that ".

And what's wrong with that? Ludde's only got a finite amount of development time, and the whole point of the feature request forum is to find out what priority new stuff should have. If you post a possible feature and 200 people immediately jump on the thread and say "yeah, good one, I'd love that" then he'll prioritise it higher. If 50 people jump on a thread and say "you can do that anyway, via a->b->c, and besides, it's pointless because of xyz" then he's going to prioritise it lower.

Whilst (as Firon said in another post) this is not a democracy, it's got to be helpful to the developer to know whether to spend time developing a feature which the majority of users want, and whether not to spend time developing a feature which is really just a workaround for a rare scenario and which isn't required because the functionality already exists - albeit via another mechanism.

To be honest, I can't see why you'd need to regularly change the number of queued torrents anyway. If the torrents have enough seeders to max out your connection, then messing with the queue length won't download them any faster. And if you're having to increase the queue length so a particular torrent gets downloaded sooner because the others ahead of it in the queue don't have enough seeders, surely you can just hit 'Force Start' and away you go? I've been running bittorrent clients for years (and uTorrent for 3-4 months) and have never had to change the queue length once. :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't like the way how resolve IP's works now. If user wants to see it fast, he should be able to see it fast. And now it's necessary to wait (and that sux). I think, it should have been optional.

AGREE

Actually' date=' I don't like the way how resolve IP's works now. If user wants to see it fast, he should be able to see it fast. And now it's necessary to wait (and that sux). I think, it should have been optional.[/quote']

AGREE

absolutely!

haha

absolutely not!

why should they be resolved if i dont look at them? i have a lot of torrents with a lot of peers connected to me.. why would it need to resolve all those ips (hundrets) if i'm not gonna see 90-100% of them.. and the resolving works fast.. it resolved 20 ips in 1-2 seconds.. it's not that slow.

Small bug found in RC1:

I downloaded the latest Prey demo (around 500Mb) and got really good speeds but "inside" the program, when the demo was finished downloading, utorrent was showing 0kb/s dl and 0kb/s UL but in the taskbar it was showing different speeds. The taskbar showed around 1200kb/s but it slowed down really fast and later turned to 0kb/s.

I simply find it strange and a bit annoying that the speed inside utorrent and the speed in the taskbar differs.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It's a minor thing but still the speeds should be "collected" from the same "source" and be equal.

haha

absolutely not!

why should they be resolved if i dont look at them? i have a lot of torrents with a lot of peers connected to me.. why would it need to resolve all those ips (hundrets) if i'm not gonna see 90-100% of them.. and the resolving works fast.. it resolved 20 ips in 1-2 seconds.. it's not that slow.

thats why it should be optional.

and yes, its slow!

To be honest, I can't see why you'd need to regularly change the number of queued torrents anyway. If the torrents have enough seeders to max out your connection, then messing with the queue length won't download them any faster.

But again, if you want a particular torrent sooner than the others, then stopping the other torrents will make it download faster. And in other cases, you want to use your bandwidth most efficiently by max-ing it. There is no "set it and forget it" setup for utorrent that will cover both of those situations.

And if you're having to increase the queue length so a particular torrent gets downloaded sooner because the others ahead of it in the queue don't have enough seeders, surely you can just hit 'Force Start' and away you go? I've been running bittorrent clients for years (and uTorrent for 3-4 months) and have never had to change the queue length once. :rolleyes:

That doesn't work because Force Start nullifies the seeding priority settings:

Force Start is a way to start torrents to bypass queue settings and seeding priority settings.

and the resolving works fast.. it resolved 20 ips in 1-2 seconds.. it's not that slow.

Good for you if it resolves 20ips in 1-2sec, but to me it's slow. And it definitely shouldn't be like this just because YOU have good connection speed.

Optional ftw!

I've been running bittorrent clients for years (and uTorrent for 3-4 months) and have never had to change the queue length once. :rolleyes:

That sort of argument doesnt work. Saying "I'm so good, I know more than you and I've never had to change to queue length" doesnt do anyone any good.

when the demo was finished downloading, utorrent was showing 0kb/s dl and 0kb/s UL but in the taskbar it was showing different speeds. The taskbar showed around 1200kb/s but it slowed down really fast and later turned to 0kb/s.

Maybe immediately after the download finishes, you're still receiving duplicate pieces?

I don't know why µTorrent wouldn't at least show those upload and download speeds at the bottom right though.

Could someone tell me where I can uncheck "resolve IPs," as an earlier post suggests is possible? I've looked all over 466 and somehow it's eluding me. Thanks. I too found that it overwhelmed my router, and I don't even have an older/slower one.

Archived