Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Directrix

WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Thanks for the new version, new UI looks pretty neat.

One of my feature requests for future versions would be ability to see tracker status and announce time, now I'm quite blind not being able too see this info when viewing from a remote machine. Is this possible?

Cheers!

It'd be possible if the backend sends such information, which is on a list of things Directrix wants implemented. So yes, possible, but probably not any time soon (if ever).

@ICleolion: \o Yup, feels pretty good.

@Ultima: A perfect facepalm.jpg moment. I'm sure I'll continue to have many of these. "not any time soon (if ever)" :/ Alus & Co. can't always be _that_ busy, with enough pressure and nagging shit will get done.

@Directrix: o/ thort it might...

@Ultima: well hopefully a long beta phase will mean time for plenty of new features, unlike short beta phases which may leave them with no time at all to put in any new webui stuff.

Bug in v0.361

I open WebUI, then change some setting (for example I set "Maximum download rate " to 100kb/s) press OK, settings dialog closed, but then, when I press F5 I become "invalid request" and blank page :(

Tested on 1.7.7 and 1.6.1 with Opera 9.27 & IE6+

@sola: Can't confirm. I've changed the settings and refreshed the page all too many times without any problems whatsoever, and just tried again to make sure (still works).

I don't see why such an error would occur even on older versions. When you change settings, the URL barely changes, if at all. An F5 would only reload the URL, which is a perfectly valid URL. Do tell, what is the URL when you try reloading?

Hi guys,

Just a few questions about the WebUI that I couldn't find in the wiki:

Do I use my external home IP in the address if I'm accessing the UI from work? And how would I get past their firewall or my own router firewall/comodo firewall, do I have to open up the ports again for that or is it already open on my end?

I can set up a proxy in work if it's blocking the link.

Also, I have a Sony Ericsson G900 phone that has Opera 8.65 for Symbian on it and I was surprised to get to the "Loading" of the WebUI with the moving circle bit over the WLAN on it, but it doesn't get any further, any ideas? It asks for the password and everything, just not past the loading.

I tried both local IP and external IPs.

Thanks.

Yes, you need to use your external IP. How you'd get past the company firewall isn't something we really deal with, and you'll also need to consider the fact that your bypassing their security systems (assuming they have any in place blocking you from connecting to your webui) places you in danger of losing your job.

You need to open your ports at home to connect from external locations, yes.

AFAIK, Opera Mobile/Mini don't have full support for AJAX, so there isn't much you can do about it not loading the official webui. There are community projects available to allow µTorrent to be controlled via some mobile devices, though.

Sola, did you find a solution to the "invalid request" problem? I have the same issue now.

Solution: remove NaN from the Restrict Access... under WebUI settings at the client side.

when I go settings in WebUI, every time I must delete "NaN" in all fields with name. see screen

nanab7.th.png

if I delete this, next time open settings and that is back :(

I've downloaded a torrent and it's seeding now (status = Seeding) though it is showing with green downloading icon. Comes back to normal after manual WebUI reload.