Jump to content

µTorrent 2.0 released


Firon

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing 1.8.5 (build 17414) with latest 2.0 RC2 build.

Bugs:

2.0 - upload (via web UI) on a linux system using wine is not possible (see earlier post of mine). Version 2.1 is throwing an error message saying that XYZ.tmp could not be loaded.

2.0 - incoming connections of IPs asking for "UNKNOWN" torrent. Changing to 1.8.5 the torrents are known and handled correctly.

Its also strange that a 2.0 (build 17668) doesn't connect to another 2.0 (build 17668). The one system is using win the other ubuntu server 9.10 server x64 via wine. Both are connectable from the outside but claim that their torrents are "UNKNOWN". :-/

After chaning back to 1.8.5 everything works ok. No "unknown" torrents and connection to a 2.0 version is possible.

the UNKNOWN thing isn't a new bug to RC2. And it's purely visual (there's a silly bug that prevents the logger from displaying the torrent name properly). The actual incoming connection works just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since bandwidth management is on by default, I'm assuming it's generally a good thing, but I'm still unsure when and why it should be disabled. As it's probably not appropriate for everyone, was this debated back in the beta thread somewhere?

It's just uTP. You should always leave it on, unless your router explodes while using it, I guess.

Its also strange that a 2.0 (build 17668) doesn't connect to another 2.0 (build 17668).

I heard such report from others as well (for RC1). I thought this was fixed in RC2...

Downgrading to 1.8 :(

I don't really trust bug reports from Wine. I'll only take confirmed bug reports from Windows users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firon:

the UNKNOWN thing isn't a new bug to RC2. And it's purely visual (there's a silly bug that prevents the logger from displaying the torrent name properly). The actual incoming connection works just fine.

Nope, its not purely visual. I've tested it with one seed and 2 other peers.

------------------------------------------

Setup 1:

Seed: utorrent 2.0 RC2

Peer1: utorrent 1.8.5 release

Peer2: utorrent 2.0 RC2

Result 1:

Seed connects to Peer1 but not to Peer2. Peer2 connects to Peer1 but not to Seed. Seed says "unkown" in log. [will check what Peer2 says in log and write it here soon]

------------------------------------------

Setup 2:

Seed: utorrent 2.0 RC2

Peer1: utorrent 1.8.5 release

Peer2: utorrent 1.8.5 release

Exact the same settings in each client (only the utorrent.exe was changed).

Result 2:

Seed connects to Peer1 and also Peer2 immediately. Peer2 connects to Peer1 and Seed. Seed doesn't say anything about an "unkown" torrent in log.

So it seams that this problem is not only a logging problem bcs its reproducable every time. Switching the client back from 2.0 to 1.8.5 connects each peer immediately. Switching back to two 2.0 clients they don't connect to each other. Wired.

Happy X-Mas all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bug with RC2 that shows up under both Windows and Linux (wine).

Bug #1: When changing port through Setup Guide, and pressing "Save & Close" port does not get changed.

Bug that seems to only affect Linux (wine)

Bug #2: Upload/Add torrent through WebUI it broken.

wine-1.1.34 with latest WebUI

Thanks,

Andrei

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It connects to 2.0 peers fine for me. Also, it respects upload limits. for some people complaining (like kameraider) I suspect the new default setting of net.calc_overhead interferes with arbitrarily low upload limits (like his). You still have the overhead, remember. I don't know how it affect speed limiters but I suspect uTorrent lets overhead pass regardless of limiter settings, so it doesn't choke the download speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got strange speed problem in Beta 17539, RC1 and RC2. When downloading torrents at via uTP (Bandwidth management enabled), sites work really slow - can`t actually browse it at comfort speed. With beta 17273, all works fine - torrents slowdowns, then I open sites.

Bug presents in both my OS - Windows XP SP3 and 7 Ultimate.

Update:

Downloaded 17273 and tested. Nothing changed - Bandwidth management doesn`t work.

Update 2:

Solved problem by fully uninstalling uTorrent and cleaning folder with settings. Now RC2 works fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bandwidth Management (uTP) is causing me problems with the build 2.0 17668, latest of today.

Please see the screenshot:

71651127.png

I have Encryption: Force, Allow Legacy Connections: No.

From the highlighted point in the graph, I have enabled Bandwidth Management (uTP).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i had been getting random BSODs from time to time since beta 17539 to RC 2.

Errors caused by:

ntoskrnl.exe

tcpip.sys

afd.sys

bcm4sbxp.sys

I'm now using beta 17427 and WinXP. No BSOD.

p/s: my utorrent was mainly running for RSS update, without downloading any torrent. it has no issue on download/upload speed, but it just crashes the windows at an unexpected moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...