µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

Can someone confirm this ?

1. Download files (except for example 1 at the end) from some torrent

2. When job will be done and torrent start seeding, stop it

3. "Force Re-Check" the torrent

when recheck is done, some files (mostly latest half) in download folder will still have .UT file extension, instead of original ones,

Files will have original extension when you start a torrent job

Using µTorrent 2.2.1.24796 beta on Win 7 64bit

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that odd... My hint-suggestion implied that you can take that same torrent, run it on 2.04 and see if this is being recreated. This might be torrent related (like many small files that share the same piece). Alternatively, post a link to that torrent (if it's a legal one...).

Most likely torrent-related like rafi said. Go to the Files tab for the torrent in question, right click the columns, add First Peice and then sort by that, lowest to highest. See if the files you don't have selected border on ones that change to .ut when rechecked.

2.2.1 build 24796

When I double click on a torrent instead of showing the files from the main folder, if there are any sub-folders it shows the files from a sub-folder.

This is because we changed the open folder functionality to use a different function to avoid Windows launching a new explorer process. It requires selecting a file, so we pick the first file in the torrent that exists.

Can someone confirm this ?

1. Download files (except for example 1 at the end) from some torrent

2. When job will be done and torrent start seeding, stop it

3. "Force Re-Check" the torrent

when recheck is done, some files (mostly latest half) in download folder will still have .UT file extension, instead of original ones,

Files will have original extension when you start a torrent job

Using µTorrent 2.2.1.24796 beta on Win 7 64bit

The !ut function is not very reliable. It'll probably get rewritten sometime in 3.0 (or a future version).

- Change: Always show tray icon is always enabled to work around disappearing systray icon

But this makes the "Always show tray icon" option not working anymore. So it should be removed completely.

But why not just going back to the working code from earlier version(s)? Just got broken in one of the last official version(s) ...

I have absolutely no use for the tray icon because I use the Windows 7 taskbar. Let me turn it off please?

Also it'd be nice if you brought some of the functionality from the tray icon menu over to the Jumplist.

its good to have option to disable tray icon, but don't remove it

as i believe many people still want/using it (like me):) ... especially people using XP/Vista seems want to keep tray icon like in the past

I have absolutely no use for the tray icon because I use the Windows 7 taskbar. Let me turn it off please?

Also it'd be nice if you brought some of the functionality from the tray icon menu over to the Jumplist.

You still could see tray icon, just change the properties of taskbar.

We will eventually add Jumplist support. If you want the icon gone, just hide it with the Windows settings. You can hide icons permanently that way. Right click -> customize notification settings.

Hmm well I don't believe I'm seeing the process bug anymore.. I'll have to go hunting for an overnight torrent to make sure though. For me it only ever kicked in after an extended period of time.. not 2 minutes like others were reporting in that thread.

Testing it out now.. I'll report back in 24h or so when it finishes. I'm seeing some IPv6 addresses so assumably that should trigger it if anything will.

Edit: Seems to be fixed! uTorrent closed immediately and the process is no longer in memory.

But this makes the "Always show tray icon" option not working anymore. So it should be removed completely.

Because it will "come back" in 3.0, where it works.

But why not just going back to the working code from earlier version(s)? Just got broken in one of the last official version(s) ...

Unfortunately it's not that simple. We have reverted a bunch of code around the systray icon handling, but it seems to be triggered by something seemingly unrelated. Nobody here has been able to reproduce it either (apart from the first fix), which makes it a lot harder to track down.

Archived