µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

- Feature: Support apps bundled with torrent file and install when source column clicked

Does it ask before install?

If no - this feature seems unsafe(junk/malicious apps distribution).

It doesn't install it, it doesn't even ask. It only installs the bundle if you click on the app icon next to the app in the list view.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This function does NOT work correctly! It just dumps all the files in the root directory which you point to. This is just crazy.

Example:

Source:

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.050

Destination:

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done

Result (WRONG!):

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.050

Result (CORRECT):

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.050

What we need:

1. Select n torrents

2. Right click menu -> Set download location

3. Specify a directory

4. uTorrent moves ALL the torrents (and their files) to their RESPECTIVE sub-dirs (NOT dumping all in a single dir!)

As I've said before, all we need is EXACTLY what happens when the files are moved after a torrent has finished downloading.

You already have the code... we just need it as an option after downloads have finished.

I just tested this in 2.2.1, and it definitely works for me. The behavior when you select multiple torrents is that we ask once for each torrent.

@Arvid: V

One new feature -> and so many side-effects-problems... :P
Arvid:

Maybe something like "no, and never ask me again" might make sense

Not sure we both point to the same thing , it sounds similar to what I meant.... In my above "y/n/all/none" example the y/n - refers to the current file and the dialog keeps popping up for the next, and the "all/none" intend to apply the *replacing* to ALL the rest of the files from here on or none (meaning existing old files will remain in tact). It's a standard dialog many are using as I remember...

I just tested this in 2.2.1, and it definitely works for me. The behavior when you select multiple torrents is that we ask once for each torrent.

My settings

Put new downloads in :

"E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading"

Move completed downloads to :

"E:\Downloads\Torrents\2. Awaiting Verification"

Situation

I click on a torrent (e.g., "Avatar x264 1080p")

µTorrent opens and suggests "E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading\Avatar x264 1080p".

I change it to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading\Movies - Avatar".

(note that it creates the "Movies - Avatar" dir!)

I accept

µTorrent downloads files (Avatar.001, Avatar.002, ... Avatar.nnn)

When the download finishes, µTorrent moves the files to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\2. Awaiting Verification\Movies - Avatar"

When I get around to it, I extract and copy the Avatar movie to my movies directory.

I then choose 'Set download location'

I point the directory to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\3. Seeding"

µTorrent moves all the files to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\3. Seeding"

(note that it did NOT create the "Movies - Avatar" dir!)

Problems

It does not create the sub-dirs, and thus throws all the files into 1 directory, making it a mess and likely to have equally named but non-identical files from multiple torrents overwriting each other.

When I select multiple torrents I have to supply the directories over and over and over again. This makes moving dozens of torrents an enormous chore.

Solutions

Have an option to re-create the sub-dir(s) EXACTLY LIKE when the download finishes (there it is correct, so you already have the source code!).

Apply the location to all selected torrents... if you want to change them one at a time, you can simply select them one at a time and apply the function (this is a standard in user interfaces since Windows 95).

PS

This has been tested with v2.2.1.24266

broken_1: double click on completed torrent (content:folder) in the list - utorrent opens "directory of this torrent"+"\folder~1\...\folder~1\ " (while they exists) and choose second file. (v24649)

broken_2: "additional"->"load in..." - select folder - utorrent adds name of this torrent to the path. (v24567,v24649)

Problem: Utorrent always loads CPU (core i5 650) by 25%.

Torrents in list ~2500, 9/10 of them - stopped.

Minimize to Tray - cpu usage 0-3%.

gui.transparent_graph_legend = false

Tried to disable others gui.* options - no change.

(any recent beta version)

..sorry for my english)

Last night I managed to reproduce the missing systray icon issue. However' date=' I'm not sure it's the same issue as some people have reported. I discovered that if you turn off "slawys show icon in systray", then minimize uT (to systray), exit via the systray context menu. When starting uT up again, it's still minimized by it did not add the systray icon back.[/quote']

I have turned off that "always show icon in systray" option.

But here it goes like this:

-> start Windows XP

-> start DSL dialup connection

-> start uTorrent (not minimized)

-> minimize µTorrent

=> after some time tray icon is gone

-> close µTorrent via Taskmanager

-> restart µTorrent

=> fine

-> reboot Windows XP

-> start DSL dialup connection

-> start uTorrent (not minimized)

-> minimize µTorrent

=> after some time tray icon is gone

-> close µTorrent via Taskmanager

-> restart µTorrent

=> fine

Same in 2.2.1.24649! Tray icon still getting lost :(

@ Mordecai, Nefarious

Not confirm this. If you use win7 (SP1), disable UAC. If the you do not want to disable UAC run µT as administrator.

UAC has always been disabled here.

I didn't mention this but the problem I have happened before in build 24217, in 24266 it changed by going to the parent folder (not optimal but still better than going to the first folder inside), then 24649 is back to the behavior in 24217.

Oh and this doesn't happen to all torrents, just some. And the behavior in 24217 and 24266 was confirmed by other users before too.

It's just me or µTorrent hangs sometimes when you set global download limit from unlimited to some value ?

Can someone confirm this ?

Just changing the settings will do it for various reasons. It's a windows 7 x64 specific problem. SP1 will fix the underlying bug that causes this (it's a Windows bug). I was able to work around it by turning UPnP off.

I just tested this in 2.2.1' date=' and it definitely works for me. The behavior when you select multiple torrents is that we ask once for each torrent.[/quote']

My settings

Put new downloads in :

"E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading"

Move completed downloads to :

"E:\Downloads\Torrents\2. Awaiting Verification"

Situation

I click on a torrent (e.g., "Avatar x264 1080p")

µTorrent opens and suggests "E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading\Avatar x264 1080p".

I change it to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\1. Downloading\Movies - Avatar".

I accept

µTorrent downloads files (Avatar.001, Avatar.002, ... Avatar.nnn)

When the download finishes, µTorrent moves the files to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\2. Awaiting Verification\Movies - Avatar"

When I get around to it, I extract and copy the Avatar movie to my movies directory.

I then choose 'Set download location'

I point the directory to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\3. Seeding"

µTorrent moves all the files to "E:\Downloads\Torrents\3. Seeding"

(note that it did NOT create the "Movies - Avatar" dir!)

Problems

It does not create the sub-dirs, and thus throws all the files into 1 directory, making it a mess and likely to have equally named but non-identical files from multiple torrents overwriting each other.

When I select multiple torrents I have to supply the directories over and over and over again. This makes moving dozens of torrents an enormous chore.

Solutions

Have an option to re-create the sub-dir(s) EXACTLY LIKE when the download finishes (there it is correct, so you already have the source code!).

Apply the location to all selected torrents... if you want to change them one at a time, you can simply select them one at a time and apply the function (this is a standard in user interfaces since Windows 95).

PS

This has been tested with v2.2.1.24266

I can't reproduce this in the latest 2.2.1. Fairly certain it's been fixed.

Archived