µTorrent 1.8.3 beta 15619

Firon

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the location is there and correct, and its working good with the 1.8.2 version.

In IRC there is a announce bot.

(08:46:57) (@**************) New Torrent Uploaded:

(08:46:57) (@**************) Name....: ************************

(08:46:57) (@**************) Category: Movies/XViD

(08:46:57) (@**************) Size....: 703.21 MB

(08:46:57) (@**************) Pretime.: 52 secs

(08:46:57) (@**************) URL.....: http://www.***************.org/details.php?id=102560&hit=1

And my script picks it up and start downloading the stuff without me doing anything. But in the beta, i always have to choose the location because something isn't right. :P

If you don't see autoload there in the preferences clear enough, maybe http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=57772 can help. I put in some pictures for others who needed to restore torrents, using the autoload folder.

If the script is misbehaving, do some searching, see if anyone else uses it, if not create a new troubleshooting thread. Your problem appears to be completely unrelated to the beta :)

note sure if this is the place to report bug?

got latest 1.8.3 beta.. dont know if others experiencing the same but the upload speed has gone crazy.. limiting it dont seem to work.. well if set it to 8kb/s it seems to go like 2kb/s

if I set it to zero unlimited seems to work again but after while can drop off the same..

tried restarting does the same. didnt have this with 1.8.2

just thought I let you know just incase

Any chance of changing the behavior of Open Containing Folder to use the current instance of explorer.exe and not open a new one?

As a side observation, in 64-bit Vista, a 32-bit explorer process is opened. In 64-bit Windows 7, a 64-bit instance of explorer is started.

Any chance of changing the behavior of Open Containing Folder to use the current instance of explorer.exe and not open a new one?

I don't want that. I have a current Explorer windows open all the day and I don't want uT uses it to show the contents of torrents.

Plus it's not relative to uTorrent, there is a thread about that.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=57377

That's completely up to explorer.

Check your Folder Options -> View -> "Launch folder windows in separate process" setting.

Regardless of whether that setting is checked or not, it spawns a new process. For that reason, and the fact that when I write a test program that does the same thing it works correctly, I want to say its a µT bug.

a small request: can you fix the issue of RSS downloader not setting the correct "added on" time in the next beta ? it's really a small thing but messes up the torrents' order, and sorting (being sometimes a day early). If we want the RSS feed-item time, lets' have a dedicated column for it, and not the "added on" column.

Thanks you

Archived