µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

then select Reset again.
My guess would be - bad settings.dat file... Simon100: try backing it up and re-try with an empty one.

Did you try that?

---

I've tried using a fresh copy of uTorrent installed in a Windows 7 x64 system and it still crashed when I tried resetting the column widths on the "bottom pane" of utorrent's 3 pane gui.

I've also tried it on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system and it also crashed. They are freshly installed uTorrent RC 7.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC7,Win 8 RP 32bit.

Please keep in mind that uTorrent is currently not officially compatible (nor developed to be) with Windows 8, and likely will not be until Windows 8 is officially released. You may experience issues related to changes in the OS itself, rather than specifically uTorrent.

(I'm not saying that is the case here, but something you should be aware of.)

I see that you have much experience in software development. Please, enlighten us in the ways we may do things differently. Your suggestions are welcome.

I DO have much experience in software development, actually. Most of my applications and scripts are for specific needs of organizations and businesses or just simply proof-of-concept software if I'm bored or want something for my personal use.

And, the ways that you "may do things differently" were outlined in my original post. Just so you don't have to do any scrolling to find it again, I'll say it again: stop calling something a "release candidate" when it shouldn't be any higher than a BETA.

Release candidates should have VERY few bugs (or only cosmetic bugs) and should be stable enough for consideration of a final release/end product.

Beta means not stable enough for a general release or release candidacy because it has too many bugs that cause serious issues (such as BSoD, buffer overflows/under-runs, general application crashes, etc).

I see that you have much experience in software development. Please' date=' enlighten us in the ways we may do things differently. Your suggestions are welcome.[/quote']

I DO have much experience in software development, actually. Most of my applications and scripts are for specific needs of organizations and businesses or just simply proof-of-concept software if I'm bored or want something for my personal use.

And, the ways that you "may do things differently" were outlined in my original post. Just so you don't have to do any scrolling to find it again, I'll say it again: stop calling something a "release candidate" when it shouldn't be any higher than a BETA.

Release candidates should have VERY few bugs (or only cosmetic bugs) and should be stable enough for consideration of a final release/end product.

Beta means not stable enough for a general release or release candidacy because it has too many bugs that cause serious issues (such as BSoD, buffer overflows/under-runs, general application crashes, etc).

Thank you for you tips.

Okay, everyone thank you for your excellent input. We are reaching the point where releasing 3.2 will benefit more people than holding it back. All outstanding issues will be moved to 3.2.1 or 3.3.

I'll post the 3.2.1 thread when we go stable, and collect all your suggestions and bug reports there.

Re-settng column widths still causes uTorrent to CRASH every time!! I thought this issue was fixed on a previous build months ago, but has once again been re-introduced into the Release Candidate builds....

Can others reproduce this crash??

I can reproduce that without any difficulty : I select "clients" thumb, then right-click on the ribbon below, where nothing is diplayed, and selecting "reset" : immediate crash ; I click on submit to developpers, then redoing the same crashes uTorrent every time. I'm quite convince devs use an instruction belonging to AMD set, and not present in INTEL instructions set : both seven x86 on PIV and seven x64 on L3426 behave the same...

then select Reset again.

I've tried using a fresh copy of uTorrent installed in a Windows 7 x64 system and it still crashed when I tried resetting the column widths on the "bottom pane" of utorrent's 3 pane gui.

I did under a fresh install of seven x86 and a fresh install of eight x86 : crashes!!! I'm forced to think that maybe caused by an instruction from AMD set, under INTEL CPUS...

OK, devs, thank you for fixing 1 problem with magnets

adding magnet with not waiting for downloading torrent information, and next manually start magnet will download only torrent, it not start downloading all files after it

GOOD JOB GUYS! :cool:

But now, when somebody want to wait for torrent information in mangnets will have this problem

1.Waiting for torrent information, everything looks great for now...

1wxw.png

2. Torrent information was downloaded. Name isn't changed, which it should!!!

2lol.png

3. Thanks for not automatically downloaded magnets. But torrent files are like this...

3ksk.png

4. When I start download, I still see "Metada" in Bandwidth allocation colum...

4dhd.png

5. Even after complete download, file still have this matadata name...

5xex.png

6. So odd, after restarting uT, even torrent job name revert to this metadata...

6sns.png

I hope this will be fixed before releasing final stable version... :lol:

Using µTorrent 3.2.27547 RC8 on Win7 64bit

magnet FYI

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E3SVEFKNQE64277GRSMGE7DBVP7L7ZGE&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.0rz.ca&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80

adding magnet with not waiting for downloading torrent information, and next manually start magnet will download only torrent, it not start downloading all files after it

GOOD JOB GUYS! cool

Good job? Sorry, not yet... (maybe good for you...)

What if I don't want to wait and press "start"? maybe cause it has just a single file? What if the magnet was from RSS auto-downloader ?

And what does it matter if you wait with the dialog open or closed ? This behavior should be configurable by the user. Another option - is to possibly auto-load the metadata - in stopped state. If not - better to not do it at all!

I upgraded to the latest version today and I have a few problems:

1. Torrent name isn't changed when the .torrent-file is downloaded (magnet links)

2. I get "Disk overloaded" all the time.

3. settings.dat sometimes becomes corrupt

Downgraded to 27272 again and it works.

@ rafi - yep, good for me, because works like I wanted in this case :P

Don't forget they won't fix all bugs in next RC or implant proper magnet handling, but still I see a good progress, small but in a good way. Options can always come later when full support will be implanted ;)

Torrent right mouse context menu - Advanced - Set Download Location

After moving any stopped seeding torrent's to new location (hdd) and then let utorrent know of this new location using the above. Will hash check each of those torrents each time utorrent starts or after as each torrent is started.

This doesn't happen for any torrent located in known directories that utorrent knows of in settings/directories.

Can you adjust utorrent code so utorrent doesn't need to keep hash checking these torrents, for those we moved manually.

Registered: How does uTorrent know you moved them/it manually? uTorrent cannot simply go by the name of the file, nor its size or file type. Any file can have any name. uTorrent cannot know if you have downloaded multiple torrents that include the same subject file, same size, but perhaps with a different codec or frame rate, etc. And if you now point to a different location - to what uTorrent thinks is a new file - uTorrent must do a re-check. If you want to move files - move them within uTorrent then you do not need to do a re-check.

A next old bug...

Normally by default I save files to D:\ partition. Today I wanted to saved it on E:\ partition, ok works good. But when I wanted save files second time by drop down list, I can't because uT remember wrongly "E:", instead of full "E:\"

@ rafi - you babysit uT for a long time ;p

you should have the community guardian/keeper degree on forum :)

you babysit uT for a long time ;p

With the purpose that people'd be able to NOT babysit it while it is running... Long live Automation ! ... ;p

...I can't because uT remember wrongly "E:"

So, you'r already sitting by uTorrent, right ? Every time you see an "E:" you add a "\". What's the big deal ? uT should do everything for you ? Stop being so lazy ;)

Registered: How does uTorrent know you moved them/it manually? uTorrent cannot simply go by the name of the file, nor its size or file type. Any file can have any name. uTorrent cannot know if you have downloaded multiple torrents that include the same subject file, same size, but perhaps with a different codec or frame rate, etc. And if you now point to a different location - to what uTorrent thinks is a new file - uTorrent must do a re-check. If you want to move files - move them within uTorrent then you do not need to do a re-check.

Simply put, BitTorrent depends heavily on hashing as part of its verification mechanism. If you bypass hash checking when a file is moved, added, or deleted, you remove the reliability of the protocol.

check this when i download torrent which contains exe file cannnot download properly from utorrent 3.2 it happens when utorrent 3.2 show waiting for torrent information it shows file after sometime when we select okk to download after complete download file have no extension what is this

example for check this torrent http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7389899/CCleaner_AIO_v3.20.1750_Repack_Preactivated[A4] click on magnet link

see below screenshot

first it shows waiting for torrent information

8e6041a8ef057233299660357c2c82646009dfe80b6e14ee2b7bb6a51156904b6g.jpg

after that file appears it shows exe file

6475217e89391a1fd1f831041c082bcff017c7f9eff25eafb8cc1df83b3a70d86g.jpg

when download complete file having no extension where exe extension goes i know how ican go right click on file that i will write in file properties .exe file will show but this is serious bug please fix it

37b17dbb267987943048b3ce1ebf6120b521b855d801a8d54efd3d1001eda3af6g.jpg

using utorrent 3.2 Release Candidate 8 (build 27547)

:(

Archived