µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the uTorrent team for continuing to push forward on their efforts to improve their product. I wanted to just take a moment to touch upon some of the issues that I've encountered prior, and currently.

I've noticed a lot of the staff here chiming in and responding on cosmetic issues, tabs, columns, etc. but I was curious why nobody has responded to any of the issues I've raised on the actual operation of the newer client. I've made two fairly extensive posts in the 3.0 alpha thread:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573850#p573850

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573958#p573958

With no response as of yet. I've installed the newest beta again now and have encountered the same issues. Can somebody on the staff take a look and shed some light on the subject for us? I don't think I'm the only one reporting high CPU idle and/or disk overload issues.

Before you give me the canned response, please keep in mind that I have searched far and wide, played with all the disk caching options and put forth a solid effort trying to troubleshoot the issue myself.

Thanks,

elsdon

Hi there,

As I've been trying to guess at what you need from the end-user to assist with troubleshooting some issues, I haven't received a response/acknowledgement that you've even read any of my posts.

Can one of the active dev team reach out to me? I have been a long time user and appreciate the time you've all invested developing this software. If I can even contribute a little via testing and diagnostics, that would be great.

Thanks.

Bug in frashly downloaded 3.0 beta, Vista, 32 bit. I have one active torrent and when I click on it it gets painted over (see screenshot). With more than one file it is OK.

utorrentbug.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/utorrentbug.jpg/

Edit: already reported, #170 and others. Just now it got stuck (100% CPU, few minutes and counting) when making second active torrent. Feels as alpha quality build.

Wow, today I opened uTorrent and found out that it removed few hundred torrents from the list (mostly those that were seeding or stopped)....

I tried restarting uTorrent, reinstalling it, installing 2.2.1, then 3.0 again - nothing helped....

@SergSlim: read the migration guide http://user.utorrent.com/help/guides/migrate . When you test a beta/alpha, please back up the folder %appdata%\utorrent. That's the 1st thing to do.

Where does uTorrent store info about which torrents should be in the list when it is loaded?

I mean which file exactly it is in? In appdata I have 1138 torrent files :)

@SergSlim: read the migration guide http://user.utorrent.com/help/guides/migrate . When you test a beta/alpha' date=' please back up the folder %appdata%\utorrent. That's the 1st thing to do.[/quote']

Where does uTorrent store info about which torrents should be in the list when it is loaded?

I mean which file exactly it is in? In appdata I have 1138 torrent files :)

resume.dat contains your torrent history. Open it with BEncode Editor.

Wow, today I opened uTorrent and found out that it removed few hundred torrents from the list (mostly those that were seeding or stopped)....

I keep all uTorrent related data in one directory and do backup regularly (you can add it into task manager).

Simple bat file:

c:\progra~1\winrar\rar.exe a -ag_YYYY.MM.DD_HH.MM.SS -r utorrent utorrent

In the same folder with bat file I have my utorrent folder (with all stuff) and as the result I get utorrent_2011.05.08_11.45.53.rar file.

I used to be able to open a partially video file by simply double clicking on the file in the bottom panel of the interface, zhere you actually see the files, now I can not anymore, and the streaming button is not helping me at all. Can you get the "open" command back to available, it is currently greyed... :(

please make that happen!

Bug in frashly downloaded 3.0 beta, Vista, 32 bit. I have one active torrent and when I click on it it gets painted over (see screenshot). With more than one file it is OK.

Edit: already reported, #170 and others. Just now it got stuck (100% CPU, few minutes and counting) when making second active torrent. Feels as alpha quality build.

this happen to me when i remove playback column. add back the playback column and the problem gone

Dunno if this was reported but there's a blinking white rectangle in that place...:lol:

4f2bf2d80b.f.png

EDIT:

Also some critical bug

uT have problems with refreshing window when I select some file.

It simply breaks system and video drivers.

Using µTorrent 3.0.25252 Beta (32bit) on Windows 7 (64bit) with nVidia GPU

Didn't occur in 25234

Something strange in download graph:

dlspeedw.th.jpg

bye

I noted this phenomena when I was attempting to seed box my servers.. It would peak, drop down then hold on a solid speed for a while then go back up and hold again..

It's very weird.

This build needs some love pretty badly >.<

Wow' date=' today I opened uTorrent and found out that it removed few hundred torrents from the list (mostly those that were seeding or stopped)....[/quote']

I keep all uTorrent related data in one directory and do backup regularly (you can add it into task manager).

Simple bat file:

c:\progra~1\winrar\rar.exe a -ag_YYYY.MM.DD_HH.MM.SS -r utorrent utorrent

In the same folder with bat file I have my utorrent folder (with all stuff) and as the result I get utorrent_2011.05.08_11.45.53.rar file.

I have the same problem. Of course backup is good, but it's more interesting why uTorrent removes torrents from the list. Is it some kind of bug?

I haven't found it so I will ask, are there new commands to access the WebUI through the api? I noticed the ones I have been using for 2.x are not working in 3.0??

I am probably missing something here, but since by system relies on these calls, I really need to know.

Thanks!

Thanks to the uTorrent team for continuing to push forward on their efforts to improve their product. I wanted to just take a moment to touch upon some of the issues that I've encountered prior' date=' and currently.

I've noticed a lot of the staff here chiming in and responding on cosmetic issues, tabs, columns, etc. but I was curious why nobody has responded to any of the issues I've raised on the actual operation of the newer client. I've made two fairly extensive posts in the 3.0 alpha thread:

[url']http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573850#p573850

With no response as of yet. I've installed the newest beta again now and have encountered the same issues. Can somebody on the staff take a look and shed some light on the subject for us? I don't think I'm the only one reporting high CPU idle and/or disk overload issues.

Before you give me the canned response, please keep in mind that I have searched far and wide, played with all the disk caching options and put forth a solid effort trying to troubleshoot the issue myself.

Thanks,

elsdon

Hi there,

As I've been trying to guess at what you need from the end-user to assist with troubleshooting some issues, I haven't received a response/acknowledgement that you've even read any of my posts.

Can one of the active dev team reach out to me? I have been a long time user and appreciate the time you've all invested developing this software. If I can even contribute a little via testing and diagnostics, that would be great.

Thanks.

Hi elsdon,

After reading your description here:

I think this problem may be due to a bug that ut 3.0 had that caused it to update the last modified time of files while seeding.

Other users reported this problem because they depended on the last modified time to organize their view in windows explorer: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=580154#p580154

Another user mentioned that he was getting cpu spikes with Nod32

You also mentioned that you have AVG running.

I'd like you to try running for a day without AVG (obviously, scan files before you use them, but turn off all automated virus checking functionality.

Hopefully I'm right, and addressing the "last modified time" issue will also address the issues of users who have processes like virus checkers constantly watching the filesystem in the background.

Builds that have this fix have the following changelog entry:

"Fix: Don't cause download directories to be modified while we're seeding."

If that does not fix your issue, please let us know, and we'll work with you to find the problem.

Archived