µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

DreadWingKnight:

I am going to take a chance you were addressing my dilemma :) I am using only two calls list=1 and action=remove[HASH] . They both are working in my version 2 but when I use version 3 they return a 400 bad command error.

This is part of an end to end program I wrote that handles RSS setup, passes to uTorrent, it does its thing, then all torrents are checked on a timer (using WebUI calls) for ratio requirements met then removed from the list, my program then extracts and/or moves the video files, then uses either IMDb or TVDb, whichever is appropriate to pull down all the pics, banners etc and info. All this is placed in my video library and is accessed through a custom interface for all my TV's in the house.

Just got this finished a while back and I want to be ahead of the curve getting it working on 3.0

Thanks for any help. All I really need is an updated API FAQ and list of commands and actions.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am using token auth. I make the first call to authenticate and pull the token, then I make a second call to list the torrents, I then parse to pull pertinent data and if ratio criteria met I remove the torrent from uTorrent but leave the files.

Hello,

I am having a problem with the dl speeds not updating right. along with the graph. i had posted about this in the last thread. here is my msg from there: and a response that i tried and it didnt help.

HaMaN wrote:

from one of the last 2 updates, it caused my xfer speeds (both dl & ul) to not update correctly any more. they just stay at a particular speed, and maybe once every min it might change. the speed graph does the same thing...

the graph looks, i dunno, digital? moving in solid steps, (with alot of flat lines) not analog like before. u can tell its not right. in task man i can see the network speed go up and down and all over, like normal when DLin, but the graph doesn't show this anymore. its just moving in solid 'steps'.

back to v2 i guess...

---

Is your CPU usage very high when this happens? Is there a lot of disk I/O?

Also, please take a look at gui.update_rate in the advanced settings. The default is 1000 (milliseconds).

Try setting it lower, and see if that changes the behaviour.

"Experimental" would be a better label.

==================================

i have always had my gui.update_rate set to 500 for quicker updates, but i tried putting it back to 1000.

there was no change to the problem.

i have found others in this thread with the same problem, so its not just me.

--

----

=======================

there is a bug with the displayed DL speed and the graph.. have you changed the code in this area? I'm showing 13.6 kB/s yet the movie is downloading at 1-2Mb/s..

-----

#184 2011-05-07 09:24:07

Something strange in download graph:

dlspeedw.th.jpg

bye

-----

#196 Yesterday 18:55:17

zdnko wrote:

Something strange in download graph:

dlspeedw.th.jpg

bye

I noted this phenomena when I was attempting to seed box my servers.. It would peak, drop down then hold on a solid speed for a while then go back up and hold again..

It's very weird.

This build needs some love pretty badly >.<

----

=====

This happens on 2 different machines here, desktop and laptop, both running w7 x64.

i've also noticed the general high cpu usage on 3 vs. 2.xx which i dont much like.

given that and this speed updating issue, i've gone back to 2.2.1. ,

which i have to say is fast, low CPU usage, quick updating and just works!

No prob though, cuz i do understand this is a beta.

So i report the problems i find and await fixes to these problems!

thanx,

Rob

p.s. - sry about the BOLD and ITALICS. i didn't mean to be 'yelling' or rude.

i just did it to make the sections clearly separate.

I've just tried to move from 2.2.21738. The first thing that I'd like to report is that downloading isn't working at all. About 10 active torrents with a lot of seeders - and nothing for 10 hours. But I suppose I'm not the only one who noticed such a little problem so it do will be fixed. In latest 2.2.1 download works.

New interface is terrible. That's it. Why do you guys keep changing it in every new version? What do you look for? I'm not very satisfied with 2.2's interface, but the new one is really bad. Huge buttons, too big font for torrents list...

How do I remove a label from a torrent? Instead of "Remove label" there's "Set Primary" now (I didn't get what is it for). Tried to enter an empty new label, but it doesn't work, too.

Why have you made download location path dependent on torrent's name? It's just annoying on "directory" torrents - but on "file" torrents it's a big trouble.

Let's assume that we have a "file" torrent with short name. We want to place the file to a folder which name is torrent description, really long, 200 characters. No, we don't want to rename the file itself, we need its original name. Besides that, we'd like to rename a torrent to the same description - to make it easy to be found and identified in list.

With version 2.2.21738, all above could be done. With version 3, we'll be forced to rename the file at best and get the path that is over 400 characters long in addition at worst.

For users with the black window problem, can you open task manager and enable the Handles and GDI objects columns and see if they go really high for utorrent.com? GDI > 400 is indicative of a leak.

If possible, please take a dump of utorrent when the issue pops up. You can do so by right clicking on utorrent.exe in Task Manager and choosing "Create Dump File". Compress it, upload it somewhere, then email me the link. firon at utorrent dot com.

Yes, you can remove it but it doesn't stay removed after restarting µTorrent. Hopefully it's fixed in the next build because it's still an issue in 25252.

I can't reproduce this. The column stays gone after a restart when I disable it. You are talking about the streamable colum in the files tab, yes?

Thanks to the uTorrent team for continuing to push forward on their efforts to improve their product. I wanted to just take a moment to touch upon some of the issues that I've encountered prior' date=' and currently.

I've noticed a lot of the staff here chiming in and responding on cosmetic issues, tabs, columns, etc. but I was curious why nobody has responded to any of the issues I've raised on the actual operation of the newer client. I've made two fairly extensive posts in the 3.0 alpha thread:

[url']http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573850#p573850

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=573958#p573958

With no response as of yet. I've installed the newest beta again now and have encountered the same issues. Can somebody on the staff take a look and shed some light on the subject for us? I don't think I'm the only one reporting high CPU idle and/or disk overload issues.

Before you give me the canned response, please keep in mind that I have searched far and wide, played with all the disk caching options and put forth a solid effort trying to troubleshoot the issue myself.

Thanks,

elsdon

Hi there,

As I've been trying to guess at what you need from the end-user to assist with troubleshooting some issues, I haven't received a response/acknowledgement that you've even read any of my posts.

Can one of the active dev team reach out to me? I have been a long time user and appreciate the time you've all invested developing this software. If I can even contribute a little via testing and diagnostics, that would be great.

Thanks.

We had an issue where uT would update the modified timestamp on folders. That was fixed in the latest build.

As for the high CPU usage, can you run uT and take a dump after it's been consuming CPU for 10 minutes or so? You can dump it in Task Manager by right clicking on the process and hitting Create Dump File, then email me the dump.

Yes' date=' you can remove it but it doesn't stay removed after restarting µTorrent. Hopefully it's fixed in the next build because it's still an issue in 25252.[/quote']

I can't reproduce this. The column stays gone after a restart when I disable it. You are talking about the streamable colum in the files tab, yes?

Well, it happens here. It only started a few builds ago. Maybe my settings.dat got messed up but I really don't feel like redoing all my settings.

Yes' date=' you can remove it but it doesn't stay removed after restarting µTorrent. Hopefully it's fixed in the next build because it's still an issue in 25252.[/quote']

Well, it happens here. It only started a few builds ago. Maybe my settings.dat got messed up but I really don't feel like redoing all my settings.

We believe you, but we're not sure how it is caused. Email me your settings.dat & I'll take a look.

Users who report not being able to double-click on files in the files tab to launch them:

triad203, pijar, nbea001, grakkus

What was the type of file you were trying to launch? mp3? mp4?

What media player do you use?

What are the settings in your streaming tab? (CTRL-P, Click on "Streaming" in the treeview on the left)

I hate that I cannot re-arrange the tabs into an order I prefer (the old order in 2.x). I keep clicking one tab out of habit thinking it's another. Grrrr.

This frustrates us too. Unfortunately, this feature will probably not make it onto the schedule until after the 3.0 stable.

Users who report not being able to double-click on files in the files tab to launch them:

triad203, pijar, nbea001, grakkus

What was the type of file you were trying to launch? mp3? mp4?

What media player do you use?

What are the settings in your streaming tab? (CTRL-P, Click on "Streaming" in the treeview on the left)

Hi Adam, thanks for the response. I usually use the double-click on unfinished video files, mainly .avi, .wmv, .mpg, .mp4, etc. I use Media Player Classic bundled with K-Lite Codec pack for playback.

For the streaming settings:

- unchecked the "use default player" box.

- select Media Player Classic from the drop down box.

- Streaming peer timeout: 10s

- Streaming buffer size: 45s

[del]I'm still using build 25220 btw[/del]. Hope this helps, thx.

edit: updated to build 25274 after writing the comment above.

I'm having serious speed issues with the last 3 builds. I can't get torrents that regularly average 800kbps+ above 300.

I've had a look through my settings and checked my connection.. Everything seems fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT::

The new build seems to be capable of pushing up to 350, which is still about 1/3 of line speed..

The torrents are all sufficiently seeded, so that's not the issue, image attached: http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/articuno1au/uTorrent.png

Not the horizontal lines. I've been having that for a couple of builds as well O.o

P.s. I will literally pay for your IPBoard subscription if you move to decent forum software :\ No java resizing attached images.. Oh dear..

-- 2011-05-10: Version 3.0 beta (build 25274)

- Change: new icons

As for me I don't like the new status icons at all. At first sight at the old ones I thought that they were too large, but in a few days they became wery comfortable to use. They are very informative and are considerably different in color and shape - you quickly identify the state of the torrent.

But the new ones not only have the same color, but they are too tiny and very much alike.

Why do you need to mess with status icons at all?

uTorrent has much more important problems (e.g. speed issues).

- At first you've hidden them by default - so a plenty of users here asked: "OMG, where are the status icon?!" (not knowing about "gui.show_status_icons_in_list").

- Then you've moved them to the Number column (WHY ???!!!). Thanks for moving them back to Name column.

- And now again you try to worsen the user experience, by replacing a somewhat childish but clear, simple and informative icons with this... I don't even find the right word to call them... untidy tiny indistinguishable one-colour something.

Here's the comparison:

Animated overlay (2 frames, 4 seconds each):

d2b5159367ae6cc1510fde57631d02e9.jpeg

Static:

1282a8f7cae5b0c4867b2b1ecc901a08.jpeg

Can you at least export old icons as skin?

Hey I am not a computer geek (science geek) so if anyone answers this question it needs to be in utorrent for dummies speak pls.

So my issue is, I am running the beta as I was having some issues with torrents not starting and utorrent disappearing. The beta was been working well, until I did the last update. Now its really slow, I just rebooted my computer in case there was something going on as my internet connection was fine, I had lots of seeders but it was saying ETA of 5-7 weeks on my files. Also instead of just resuming downloads it sits there and checks them first, which would be fine but its been 30 min and its still checking one file. (it seems to be making progress though)

Is anyone else having this problem, is there an easy way to tell utorrent to just download the freaking files and not check them for ever first?

Now uT shows only time to end the download' date=' not the time to reach the seeding goal.[/quote']Yeah, that's the point. You need to change the seeding goal settings to see an ETA now.
So to see the ETA I have to set a seeding goal different to default value?

If I check Override default settings and set a different Minimum ratio I don't see ETA anyway.

I don't understand. It's crazy. If you need that, please, add a option to return to previous state.

Please add a option to return to previous state.

Thanks

hey guys

is it me, or the download speed label is quite odd

seems it updates once in a while (like 30 seconds for me)

same think in the download speed label in the grid and in the footer as well as in the one from the status (when you hover the mouse over the tray icon)

hey guys

is it me, or the download speed label is quite odd

seems it updates once in a while (like 30 seconds for me)

same think in the download speed label in the grid and in the footer as well as in the one from the status (when you hover the mouse over the tray icon)

Does it update more often if you pass your mouse cursor over it?

Archived