µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

When downloading torrents' date=' I am still getting alot of "Error: The Data is Invalid" errors. I have to restart the torrent which means it will do a re-check before resuming downloading. I don't know if this is a problem with the torrent itself (trackers, seeds etc) or utorrent. When I was using 25217, I never encountered such a problem. The problem started happening from 25220 onwards. Thanks.[/quote']

I have also gotten this error along with at least 5 others and with version 2.2.1. Seems that this problem is being ignored. :(

I too had this same problem but only in one torrent. I have finished downloading it now (after restarting the torrent about 10 times). I think it might have something to do with a "Power Options" setting under control panel, specifically the "Turn off Hard disk after xx minutes". I have mine set to 20 minutes. But the other torrents work fine AND I didn't have this problem before 3.0...

Another thing I hope gets resolved in this beta is the "Add new torrent" dialog forgetting its previous window size.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all' date=' i have tried installing utorrent 3 before a few versions back and had no success, so i figured i would wait a while and try again. anyway, i have just downloaded it and keep getting the same error as last time.

as soon as i go to install it i get the following error message:

5654089781_3c6559cf43.jpg

I have tried completely removing the previous version 2.2 etc and then reinstalling version 3 from scratch, but i ALWAYS get this same error.

are there any new or added requirements to get version 3 to run? I am using windows XP if that would make any differences.

thanks in advance!

anyone have any idea about this? looks like i am the only one having this problem :(

Have you tried removing utorrent completely from your system using "add and remove programs" in the control panel and then installing a fresh copy of utorrent 3.0 beta ? In the past, I have used utorrent's own "Check for Updates" and when it prompts me there is a new update and after it downloads and tries to do an automatic update, i sometimes get that error message as well. I think it is a memory thing.

When downloading torrents' date=' I am still getting alot of "Error: The Data is Invalid" errors. I have to restart the torrent which means it will do a re-check before resuming downloading. I don't know if this is a problem with the torrent itself (trackers, seeds etc) or utorrent. When I was using 25217, I never encountered such a problem. The problem started happening from 25220 onwards. Thanks.[/quote']

I have also gotten this error along with at least 5 others and with version 2.2.1. Seems that this problem is being ignored. :(

I too had this same problem but only in one torrent. I have finished downloading it now (after restarting the torrent about 10 times). I think it might have something to do with a "Power Options" setting under control panel, specifically the "Turn off Hard disk after xx minutes". I have mine set to 20 minutes. But the other torrents work fine AND I didn't have this problem before 3.0...

Another thing I hope gets resolved in this beta is the "Add new torrent" dialog forgetting its previous window size.

Has this error have anything to do with the size of the file that is being downloaded ? While typing this reply, I have had to reset the download 4 times ! :D

New build up.

SuperEvideo, try running a force re-check on your torrents.

I have tried various senarios :

SENARIO 1 : Start torrent, let it download a short while till it 99.5% completed, before allowing the problem to appear, I shut down utorrent. Forcing utorrent to save the file to the harddisk. Then re-start utorrent to resume downloading from 99.5%.

SENARIO 2 : Start torrent, let it download till it is 99.7% completed .Clicked on the 'STOP' button to stop the download. Hopefully that makes it save the torrent to the harddisks. Re-start again. So far so good

SENARIO 3: Start the torrent, let it download. Leave it to download and allow the error to occur. Do a force-recheck, then start the torrent again. It resumes instead of at 99.7%, it jumps back to 98.7% and resumes downloading from that point instead of 99.7%.

This keeps happening and the download never completes. Upgraded to 25233. Problem is still there.

New build up.

SuperEvideo' date=' try running a force re-check on your torrents.[/quote']

I have tried various senarios :

SENARIO 1 : Start torrent, let it download a short while till it 99.5% completed, before allowing the problem to appear, I shut down utorrent. Forcing utorrent to save the file to the harddisk. Then re-start utorrent to resume downloading from 99.5%.

SENARIO 2 : Start torrent, let it download till it is 99.7% completed .Clicked on the 'STOP' button to stop the download. Hopefully that makes it save the torrent to the harddisks. Re-start again. So far so good

SENARIO 3: Start the torrent, let it download. Leave it to download and allow the error to occur. Do a force-recheck, then start the torrent again. It resumes instead of at 99.7%, it jumps back to 98.7% and resumes downloading from that point instead of 99.7%.

This keeps happening and the download never completes. Upgraded to 25233. Problem is still there.

incomplete pieces are thrown away on restart of the client and on re-check. This isn't a bug.

Selecting a transfer line in the top window makes the line appear similar to a column header line (gray).

Also, selecting 'Send Beta Feedback' brings up a window titled 'Internet Connection Wizard' - This computer does not have an internet connection...

uTorrent build: 3.0 Beta (build 25233)

hey all' date=' i have tried installing utorrent 3 before a few versions back and had no success, so i figured i would wait a while and try again. anyway, i have just downloaded it and keep getting the same error as last time.

as soon as i go to install it i get the following error message:

[img']http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5654089781_3c6559cf43.jpg

I have tried completely removing the previous version 2.2 etc and then reinstalling version 3 from scratch, but i ALWAYS get this same error.

are there any new or added requirements to get version 3 to run? I am using windows XP if that would make any differences.

thanks in advance!

anyone have any idea about this? looks like i am the only one having this problem :(

Have you tried removing utorrent completely from your system using "add and remove programs" in the control panel and then installing a fresh copy of utorrent 3.0 beta ? In the past, I have used utorrent's own "Check for Updates" and when it prompts me there is a new update and after it downloads and tries to do an automatic update, i sometimes get that error message as well. I think it is a memory thing.

Yep, i have just tried it again, I uninstall using add/remove programs, even clear the settings and check there are no left overs in %appdata%. As soon as I double click uttorent 3 installer it comes up with that window, so I can't even get the new version installed, never mind opening it. Not sure why this is happening, it's as though I need something extra to run it or something, like .NET framework or that kind of thing? Even though i'm pretty sure i have all of those. Any other ideas? I'm not sure why it just seems to be me that this is happening to

@adam_purkis

Restart your computer in safe mode. Then see if you can install.

(Can you still install 2.2.1. build 25203 without error?)

hey good idea, i just tried installing in safe mode and got the same error (after completly uninstalling utorrent 2.2 & all settings). I can reinstall utorrent 2.2.1 every time without fail, so I'm not sure why it is utorrent 3 in specific that is giving me trouble?

w.r.t

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=581804#p581804

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=582044#p582044

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=582232#p582232

The issue is occurring randomly only when entries are clicked but not for all transfer entries, Soon as focus is moved away i.e. click anywhere else the values are visible.

XP SP 3

utorrent build 25233

Regards

When downloading torrents, I am still getting alot of "Error: The Data is Invalid" errors. I have to restart the torrent which means it will do a re-check before resuming downloading. I don't know if this is a problem with the torrent itself (trackers, seeds etc) or utorrent. When I was using 25217, I never encountered such a problem. The problem started happening from 25220 onwards. Thanks.

Same here. Since I can't babysit torrents, it's rendered uTorrent unusable for now.

"it's rendered uTorrent unusable for now"

Same story as most other software. More and more bloated features, yet base functionality is compromised. Software eventually becomes so bloated, bug-ridden, memory-hogging and disk-thrashing that nobody with two brain cells to rub together wants to use it anymore - except for the old versions, which did the job.

I'm sticking with 1.8.5, and suggest everyone else to do the same. The developer's got the same infection as most of the rest. I trust he will continue to transform the 'development' process into a 'degeneration process' until the 'end of the line' is reached, upon which he will ditch the software and disappear when he - and perhaps his 'team' - can no longer support the bloated, bugged-out weight of the monstrosity he created.

This application jumped the shark years ago. Now it's just a matter of how long it will take to complete its death-march into a dusty grave.

I'm sticking with 1.8.5

Enjoy your security hole the size of texas.

Hmm. Security hole or unstable and unusable. Nice choice of options.

Your real helpful DreadWingKnight. :rolleyes:

How about some one useful from utorrent team help solve this?

I dont think it is "power options - Turn off Hard disk after xx minutes" as I have it set to "never" turn off.

It is also seems it happens to different torrents from different places and trackers.

utorrent 3.0 builds remove all upnp mapped TCP ports at start (log: UPnP(XP): Removed TCP port 0). Its very annoying because some other programs that using upnp (skype, live messenger, dc++ ...) stopped working properly after utorrent started. Please fix it

Well I haven't faced this error from last couple of days so I dunno if the problem exists anymore (in the new builds). v v

For everyone with "Error: The Data is Invalid", open the download folder of the particular torrent. Notice anything different? It seemed that somehow, ".1" (dot one) extension was getting added to one of files in the torrent. And then I used to get "Error: The Data is Invalid". I removed the .1 extension and started the torrent, it had gone on fine :) , until unless, same happened again. Had happened to 2 different torrents for total 3 times. Hope this helps anyone. :)

I'm still experiencing high CPU usage when µTorrent should be doing nothing. It starts at about 1% then after a about a week it's up to 5%. This is with 888 stopped torrents and the scheduler stopping DHT also. The main window is closed.

I have a fairly ancient system, but that just makes whatever the problem is more obvious.

Windows 7 x86 2GB ram, Athlon 64 3200+, No anti-* software.

If there is any more information I can provide please let me know, but I'm upgrading to a sandybridge system in about an hour, so it might be a little harder to notice ;)

Both x86 and x64 versions are unuseable. They are very very slow. With the same torrents 2.2.1 starting about 2-3 sec while 3.0 beta more then 10 sec. The torrent reading (cheking) also very slow and a the downloading and uploading speeds are minimal (1/3 or less of my internet connection), while 2.2.1 are maximal.

The torrent data delete also slow. Sometimes the whole program freez while is checking the torrent.

Edit: I forgot that, the upload and download speed udpating time are very randomly, sometimes it refresh 1 second often, sometimes 3-4 second often.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 1090T

RAM: 4GB DDR3

VGA: ATI HD 4850

Motherboar: Gigabyte 870

uTorrent 3.0 Beta without tweaking:

Max Upload Rate: 348KBps.

Avg Upload Rate: 274KBps.

uTorrent 3.0 Beta with tweaking:

Max Upload Rate: 2.2MBps.

Avg Upload Rate: 963MBps.

Bitcomet 1.27 out of the box:

Max Upload Rate: 8.1MBps.

Avg Upload Rate: 6.3MBps.

To be fair, I can't even work out how to tweak Bitcomet, but at least it's working.

Personally I love you guys to bits, but recently the client has been less then impressive speed/efficiency wise of late :(

I hope the focus remains on speed over features; I am aware there may be set up issues but it shouldn't require a networking degree (which, ironically, I possess) to make it run at decent rates.

As per normal, you guys are the bomb diggity, and please don't consider this me bitching at you. I have the utmost respect for the developers of this project..

EDIT::

Got slack with my bits and bytes >.>

EDIT::

I ironically possess, not possess ironically.

Archived