µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question concerning µTorrent 3.0's drag and drop to seed feature. Say I wanted to upload a torrent to a specific site. What is the procedure? Do I still have to go into the site's "upload torrent" page and fill out the questionnaire concerning what the torrent is all about? After I've done that, it is just a question of dragging and dropping the file as opposed to go through earlier versions of µTorrent's procedure where you had to put specify the file, putting in the site's tracker and everything else to get the .torrent file you'd upload to the site?

I mean completely but only the Search box not the whole toolbar :)

My question is still valid ;)

Removing all the search engines in the preferences should make it go away.

I know that used to work but not anymore.

I'm not intending to be naggy and I know that it takes yall time to look into these things, but if anyone could at some point at least duplicate this and let me know that you see what I'm talking about (or if there is another way to do it) I would appreciate it. thanks. (i wont nag again for at least a month I promise)

using version 25422 (and at least the previous version also, if not some before that, but not all past builds)

When I have a downloading torrent highlighted and am showing the files/trackers/whatever down below, I used to be able to click in an open spot on the dowload window to un-highlight the downloading torrent and therefore also stop showing the files/tracker/whatever down below......not anymore. Now I can un-highlight the torrent but it continues to show the files/trackers/whatever below. This is really only an issue for me if I have hidden downloads....I can leave the "hidden" labeled torrents but if I have, at any point, highlighted one of them, and I don't have an un-hidden torrent to highlight instead, I cannot get it to stop showing the files/trackers/whatever from the hidden torrent....therefore its not hiding very well.

but if anyone could at some point at least duplicate this

Matt90977 wrote:

using version 25422 (and at least the previous version also, if not some before that, but not all past builds)

When I have a downloading torrent highlighted and am showing the files/trackers/whatever down below, I used to be able to click in an open spot on the dowload window to un-highlight the downloading torrent and therefore also stop showing the files/tracker/whatever down below......not anymore. Now I can un-highlight the torrent but it continues to show the files/trackers/whatever below. This is really only an issue for me if I have hidden downloads....I can leave the "hidden" labeled torrents but if I have, at any point, highlighted one of them, and I don't have an un-hidden torrent to highlight instead, I cannot get it to stop showing the files/trackers/whatever from the hidden torrent....therefore its not hiding very well.

Duplicated/confirmed here too.

but if anyone could at some point at least duplicate this
Duplicated/confirmed here too.Yep, I noticed that, as well, on 25406.

On that note, it's been over a week since 25422 release, but my 25406 still doesn't see the update. Is it a "beta" update (I have those turned off)?

I started using utorrent 3.0 from the betas and have noticed this problem from the start...

when ever utorrent is active downloading in the background , i am unable to browse the web or do any http downloads (even small downloads). I Always have to pause or stop the torrents.

This was not an issue in utorrent 2.2 which used to slowdown automatically which was even visible in the speed graph.As far as i know this is why UTP protocol was developed and implemented into utorrent..

http://ll.www.utorrent.com/help/documentation/utp

This feature was the only reason why i was sticking to utorrent inspite of extra overhead it takes which means a lot on my slow internet connection..

Also i have seen the developers are concentrating more on the UI instead of performance.

Guys please confirm if you all are too facing this issue or i am the only one...

Hello,

I don't like utorrent 3.0. Because it ratio showing stars. I liked when it showed number. Maybe i can it make on the utorrent 3.0???

Thanks.

Stars represent rating, to make ratio visible right click on the column's names line and enable Ratio

ajitesh_m

Have you tried to enable Pref. -> Bandwidth -> Stop Transfers on user interaction?

yesi havetried it ... the problem with that feature is utorrent will be paused even if i am interacting with an application which does not require the internet like games or ms office ..

It would be better if utorrent would function the same way it used to do in 2.2

Thanks for the report! very well written.

uT build 25395 x32, Win XP SP3. I have noticed many red torrents with error in status column: "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full." uT logs shows next:
[2011-06-20 03:48:00]  Error: data.mkv - Not enough quota is available to process this command. [2011-06-20 03:49:05]  File failed verification: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\resume.dat.new[2011-06-20 03:49:05]  Unable to save the resume file. Another program might have the file open, or the disk is full....

I believe the resume.dat is a red herring. That's simply a bug where we log an error when there actually isn't one.

Restarting uT and starting error torrents makes uT work normally (no error message about dat files in log). I didn't restart OS. It makes me think that bug is inside uT. It is first time I see this issue.

I would imagine that if it's a matter of running out of physical memory or virtual address space, the working set or virtual memory size of the process would be significantly inflated, much more than you see. Or at least that other processes would use up all the remaining physical RAM.

It might be caused by a handle leak as well. Do you see an ever-increasing number of GDI handles? (this is a column that can be enabled in task manager).

Since this error actually happens on torrents though, I imagine it's some limit hit by the disk I/O subsystem. Maybe there is a file handle leak, making us open too many files.

I started using utorrent 3.0 from the betas and have noticed this problem from the start...

when ever utorrent is active downloading in the background , i am unable to browse the web or do any http downloads (even small downloads). I Always have to pause or stop the torrents.

This was not an issue in utorrent 2.2 which used to slowdown automatically which was even visible in the speed graph.As far as i know this is why UTP protocol was developed and implemented into utorrent..

http://ll.www.utorrent.com/help/documentation/utp

This feature was the only reason why i was sticking to utorrent inspite of extra overhead it takes which means a lot on my slow internet connection..

Also i have seen the developers are concentrating more on the UI instead of performance.

Guys please confirm if you all are too facing this issue or i am the only one...

I'm sick of this already -- where can I get the old 2.2 version which didn't disrupt my computer, my internet access for the browser, and didn't slow my ATA/Router right down to nothing requiring a reset even 5 minutes after closing ver. 3.0? This is a horrible update and puts utorrent equal with that p!g vUUze!!

Archived